Jeter Hires Warriors' Bowers as Marlins Business Chief

Admin

Jetes must be persuasive as hell to leave that cushy ass job. 

Chip may be a guy who enjoys a challenge for all we know. Warriors aren't a challenge, but Marlins sure are. He's also from Florida in the past so maybe he was looking to come back. I bet he's being paid less than Samson was paid.

This always irks me more than it should.

Also, did anyone see Mike Trout in the crowd during the Super Bowl and, not once but twice, the announcers referred to him as being from the California Angels? The Angels dropped the California part of their name in 1996, 22 years ago.

Did this guy actually do anything to build the successful Warriors of the last few years? Not that it matters but when I heard Golden State I thought maybe it meant something really good. 

He did the marketing, secured naming rights for their arena but not sure what else. A team like that doesn't really need much marketing since their greatness speaks for itself.

Since it hasn't been said yet and I don't think it's as obvious as you'd think, just wanted to clarify that this guy takes Samson's position.

An important role, arguably the 3rd or 4th highest position in the organization, but I have a funny feeling this guy will never be as exposed as Samson seemingly always was. 

Very few "President of Business Operations" on any team, if any, were ever as in the public as David Samson was. 

• 3 months later...

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/chip-bowers-focuses-on-improving-marlins-park/c-279051164

Bowers went to Petco Park and will travel to other ballparks as part of his research on improving the fan experience at Marlins Park. Found this line interesting...

For the rest of this season, changes at Marlins Park will be more subtle. The organization is doing its homework on how to move forward, and wider changes will start to be rolled out next year.

I've noticed little things that have changed at Marlins Park but I wonder what kind of wider changes they can realistically do. It's still just a baseball game so they're limited in what they can do and how they can do it so I'm very curious what they come up with. 

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/chip-bowers-focuses-on-improving-marlins-park/c-279051164

Bowers went to Petco Park and will travel to other ballparks as part of his research on improving the fan experience at Marlins Park. Found this line interesting...

I've noticed little things that have changed at Marlins Park but I wonder what kind of wider changes they can realistically do. It's still just a baseball game so they're limited in what they can do and how they can do it so I'm very curious what they come up with. 

Water slide from upper deck to lower deck concessions.