Facial hair allowed

Admin

Never understood why this mattered.  who gives a fuck.  if youre a businessman trying to attract clients or something like that i understand it in an office setting, but in a sports team setting?  Makes no difference.  

It only matters because people like Hanley and Manny Ramirez took things overboard and look like homeless people with no care for their appearance and thus their job. I know it doesn't mean shit in reality but I agree with some limitations. Clean shaven is silly. Requiring the players be well groomed and have a certain dress code is fine in my opinion. 

It only matters because people like Hanley and Manny Ramirez took things overboard and look like homeless people with no care for their appearance and thus their job. I know it doesn't mean shit in reality but I agree with some limitations. Clean shaven is silly. Requiring the players be well groomed and have a certain dress code is fine in my opinion. 

I guess.  What did hanley and manny do?  Have dreads? Id say their MVP level performance showed they cared quite a bit about their jobs.

I guess.  What did hanley and manny do?  Have dreads? Id say their MVP level performance showed they cared quite a bit about their jobs.

I agree about the MVP level performance proving otherwise but appearance matters because these are public figures and representatives of their franchises. And with Hanley and Manny it wasn't the dreads as much as the unkempt facial hair and unbuttoned jerseys and overly baggy pants that seemed 3 sizes too big. They looked like unprofessional fools. They aren't the only two culprits either buy they are perfect examples. 

I agree about the MVP level performance proving otherwise but appearance matters because these are public figures and representatives of their franchises. And with Hanley and Manny it wasn't the dreads as much as the unkempt facial hair and unbuttoned jerseys and overly baggy pants that seemed 3 sizes too big. They looked like unprofessional fools. They aren't the only two culprits either buy they are perfect examples. 

you sound like what people were saying about the fab 5 and their baggy pants.  Thats their style.  

I agree about the MVP level performance proving otherwise but appearance matters because these are public figures and representatives of their franchises. And with Hanley and Manny it wasn't the dreads as much as the unkempt facial hair and unbuttoned jerseys and overly baggy pants that seemed 3 sizes too big. They looked like unprofessional clowns. They aren't the only two culprits either buy they are perfect examples. 

fixed it

At the end of the day, baseball is entertainment, so there's a place for teams that allow players to look like clowns. However, there is also a place for teams that require professionalism. The contrast is part of the entertainment.

I personally prefer the latter, and wish Jeter had just banned facial hair in general.

To each his own but I have no problem with the leaders of a billion dollar company to ask his publicly seen employees to not look like this...

[ATTACH]1757[/ATTACH]

I always wondered if he did that as the years went on to hide the physical effects of possible steroid use? In his Cleveland years he didn't have as baggy of a uniform. Got progressively worse from team to team as he got older.

I always wondered if he did that as the years went on to hide the physical effects of possible steroid use? In his Cleveland years he didn't have as baggy of a uniform. Got progressively worse from team to team as he got older.

Ah yes Manny in Cleveland... comparing the pic above to these below it's easy to forget that this is the same player...

[ATTACH]1758._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1759._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1760._xfImport[/ATTACH]

pbPVQtX.jpg.dc9a7dc1f4942bac9620df962a8d8621.jpg

Part-16-Scott-Shaw-Plain-Dealer1.jpg.6c81cc61cab879093b046db3c524e534.jpg

baseball-cleveland-indians-manny-ramirez-in-action-running-bases-picture-id86809202.thumb.jpg.1b7b2e0ac7810153ca4897943aec4be1.jpg

I feel like he just got lazy in some of his conditioning. Kinda like Miguel Cabrera beginning to balloon in weight after the 2005 season.

I feel like he just got lazy in some of his conditioning. Kinda like Miguel Cabrera beginning to balloon in weight after the 2005 season.

Miguel Cabrera began to balloon in weight because he had a serious drinking problem and he was no longer 20 years old, not because he was lazy in his conditioning.

Miguel Cabrera began to balloon in weight because he had a serious drinking problem and he was no longer 20 years old, not because he was lazy in his conditioning.

He was still very young when he added on weight at 23. The difference was very noticeable from 2005 - 2006 and more so in 2007. The guy can still flat out hit but is now a liability on the field in any manner.