2018 Roster vs 2013 Roster: Which is worse?

SilverBullet

It's a bit early to know the 2018 roster for sure but most have loudly proclaimed this upcoming team to be horrendous and a 100 loss team. We've already discussed how avoiding 100 losses may not be too hard but I started thinking about this roster compared to our recent 100 loss team from 2013 and I wanted to compare the rosters. Which is truly worse?

C- Jeff Mathis, Rob Brantly, Miguel Olivo, Koyie Hill, Kyle Skipworth ... JT Realmuto, Tomas Telis, Chad Wallach, Austin Nola

1B- Logan Morrison, Greg Dobbs, Casey Kotchman, Joe Mahoney ... Justin Bour, Garrett Cooper

2B- Donovan Solano, Derek Dietrich ... Starlin Castro

3B- Placido Polanco, Ed Lucas, Chris Valaika, Gil Velazquez ... Martin Prado, Brian Anderson

SS- Adeiny Hechavarria, Nick Green ... JT Riddle, Miguel Rojas

OF- Giancarlo Stanton, Juan Pierre, Christian Yelich, Jake Marisnick, Marcell Ozuna, Chris Coghlan, Justin Ruggiano, Austin Kearns, Matt Diaz ... Derek Dietrich, Lewis Brinson, Magneuris Sierra, Braxton Lee

SP- Ricky Nolasco, Jose Fernandez, Tom Koehler, Henderson Alvarez, Justin Turner, Kevin Slowey, Nathan Eovaldi, Wade LeBlanc, Alex Sanabia ... Dan Straily, Jose Urena, Adam Conley, Dillon Peters, Wei-Yin Chen, Justin Nicolino, Jarlin Garcia, Odrisamer Despaigne, Chris O'Grady, Sandy Alcantara, Justin Turner (lol)

RP- Steve Cishek, AJ Ramos, Mike Dunn, Ryan Webb, Chad Qualls, Dan Jennings, Sam Dyson, Chris Hatcher, Brad Hand, Edgar Olmos, John Maine, Bryan Flynn, Jon Rauch, Arquimedes Caminero ... Brad Ziegler, Kyle Barraclough, Junichi Tazawa, Brian Ellington, Drew Steckenrider, Nick Wittgren, Caleb Smith

...what stands out to me about 2013, although this is obviously with the benefit of hindsight, is how many over-the-hill and journeymen type of players who were never gonna amount to anything. I'm not even talking about the prospects who just happened to become a bust. I'm talking those who never had a real chance to be something. The 2018 roster, at least so far, feels more like it's about youth, potential, and the future... building talent that is supposed to contribute to a future winner. The 2013 roster was a lot of people just taking up roster spaces. 

Thoughts? 

Yeah 2013 was awful nevermind how bad that offense really was. Only became more evident when Stanton got hurt that year. Just looking at the infield was an eye sore.

1B- Lomo was hurt for most of the year. Kotchman got hurt really early and was out awhile. and I think got 2 hits as a Marlin.

2B- Solano... no more questions.

SS - Adeiny  just didn't do anything that year.

3B- We had Placido who was at the twilight of his career and Ed Lucas backing him up. 

C- Actually thought Brantly was gonna be something special just building off the 2012 year but he ended up being a bust.

Basically, I think the 2013 team had more dead weight on it, but also some more elite talent with the likes of Fernandez and Stanton.

There’s no player on the 2018 team that projects to be great. 

Realmuto projects to be the most productive player. That’s not really a good thing, and there’s no guarantee he even stays all year.