Marlins to wear Stoneman Douglas caps Friday, Bour to visit their baseball team

Marlins gonna honor the victims by wearing the caps of the school's baseball team for their first spring game on Friday and Bour is gonna meet up with the school's baseball team at one of their practices this week.

Glad they're doing something but more glad that it's something simple, respectful, and not over the top. 

For personal reasons, this means a lot to me!  Classy move, Marlins!

[ATTACH]1780[/ATTACH]

Same.  Lived in parkland all my life and went to douglas from 09-12 and knew 2 of the people killed.  The marlins could buy a lot by really getting into the community up there and just supporting people in a terrible time.  Would be a nice way to actually interact with the community like the heat do so much and like the marlins have kind of ignored a lot for years.

Guest CHRISTYTOD
Same.  Lived in parkland all my life and went to douglas from 09-12 and knew 2 of the people killed.  The marlins could buy a lot by really getting into the community up there and just supporting people in a terrible time.  Would be a nice way to actually interact with the community like the heat do so much and like the marlins have kind of ignored a lot for years.

I am sorry for your loss.  My nephew was in the school last Wednesday......we were blessed. Just a horrible thing. So much pain.  I have 5 nieces and nephews who have graduated from there in the last 10 years. I am glad to see the Marlins are showing their support.

I am sorry for your loss.  My nephew was in the school last Wednesday......we were blessed. Just a horrible thing. So much pain. I am glad to see the Marlins are showing their support.

Im not gonna sit here and act like I lost close friends, just a somewhat family friend who lost his daughter and like so many people who went to douglas I knew Coach Feis as pretty much everyone who goes there did.  Crazy and terrible event in literally the safest city in florida.  I hope the marlins do some sort of thing where they take a day off and go visit and help in any way possible.  Would be a good way to endear themselves to the community under this new ownership.   I think that's really something they need to do more of under this new ownership. 

I really hope Arison or Jeter/Sherman reaches out to one another and kind of shows him the ropes and the proper way to run an organization because the heat are one of the best run teams in sports for a variety of reasons.