Marlins Man thinks he can set his own ticket prices, gives Jeter a $200k ultimatum

SilverBullet

Apparently Marlins Man thinks he deserves special privileges and, after saying he wouldn't pay big league prices for a team that isn't going to perform at a big league level (a very subjective and highly arguable opinion especially considering all the other seasons that they've played like crap and this idiot had season tickets as well), he has sent a letter directly addressed to Derek Jeter himself containing a $200,000 check that he says is a full payment for his season tickets for 2018, 2019, and 2020... basically setting his own ticket prices and giving Jeter a "take it or leave it" offer. The Marlins rejected his egotistical approach and told him they'd be happy to negotiate his tickets at their prices. 

I'm sure many people will side with this moron and rag on Jeter here but this guy deserves no special treatment and at the end of the day the Miami Marlins are still a business. Whatever the prices are is what they are. Never give in to this moron. He doesn't have the power he thinks. Being rich is not a power. I hate his ass.

https://t.co/ZXr2B7rdRL

He has screwed himself over too. He could have been a great public face of the team if he wasn't so anti Jeter just for the sake of being anti Jeter. 

And I find it laughable that he's so against Jeter's moves as if Loria was fielding a playoff team for the last decade. He's openly complaining about watching a sub par product when he's been sitting dead center at Marlins Park through six seasons of a sub par product. It makes him look ignorant especially since Jeter hasn't truly done one thing any worse than Loria and Co would do. 

And not that he has to be kissing Jeter's ass either but if he had come out and fully supported the new ownership from the start even through the early adversity he'd have looked amazing if Jeter's plan works out.

And now? If the plan does work out and he does come back to the team like he has said he would? Then what a super fair weather bandwagon fan he's gonna look like then! 

He has screwed himself over too. He could have been a great public face of the team if he wasn't so anti Jeter just for the sake of being anti Jeter. 

And I find it laughable that he's so against Jeter's moves as if Loria was fielding a playoff team for the last decade. He's openly complaining about watching a sub par product when he's been sitting dead center at Marlins Park through six seasons of a sub par product. It makes him look ignorant especially since Jeter hasn't truly done one thing any worse than Loria and Co would do. 

And not that he has to be kissing Jeter's ass either but if he had come out and fully supported the new ownership from the start even through the early adversity he'd have looked amazing if Jeter's plan works out.

And now? If the plan does work out and he does come back to the team like he has said he would? Then what a super fair weather bandwagon fan he's gonna look like then! 

We will make him eat crow.

So when I first read the article I was thinking $200,000 for 3 season is a decent offer with the assumption it was based on 1 ticket and not 4 tickets for 81 home games. Yeah Marlins man can get lost with that one.

I bet the Marlins counter offer wasn't too bad either. Him ranting about this says enough for me. Gonna be nice watching games and not seeing that idiot behind home plate.

Marlins should start a promotion where they end up banning him from the ballpark for good if they are able to sell enough season tickets to cover $200,000.  Pretty sure they would be able to do it rather quickly if they tell them they will ban him if they cover that price.  Fuck that guy, always thought he was a self important douchebag but its somehow gotten even worse.  Glad Jeter is looking at this guy the same way most fans are and telling him essentially to fuck off.

No one will dispute the guy is a pompous ass. Not knowing the actual stadium pricing and understanding the shit show that figures to be on display the next 3 years, his offer akin to slightly over $200 a seat seems rather reasonable to me. I understand why Jeter couldn't be seen to accept it, and the guy is a jerk, but still even if you're flowing in dough who would want to pay more to enjoy the pleasure of viewing 3 years of 95+ losses.  Must be the perks Marlins Man tried to negotiate with his check. The clown won't be missed.  

Unless he's seriously lowballing them, is what he did really that bad? I know it seems like he has a massive ego and all, but he's been a season ticket holder for 25 years (apparently) and has probably sunk millions into the team. But I suppose Jeter and co. don't care about that.

constantly making a big public spectacle about him renewing tickets when most of the fanbase doesnt like him in the first place isnt that bad, just annoying as hell.  The self importance bugs the shit out of me.  What he did during that q&a thing was absolutely embarrassing and he's a joke who thinks he's a million times more important than he actually is. Either renew or dont, just quit asking for preferential treatment when you spend most of the time acting like a self-important douchebag and trashing the organization for necessary moves.  

Lol

A contrarian is someone who doesn't actually hold the opinions he's voicing. So are you saying I'm not actually believing what I'm saying?

I dont think youre a full on contrarian using that definition but i think you like to argue things for the sake of arguing a lot of times even if you might not be fully opposed to the other persons viewpoint 

Give me an example?

there was that whole one month period where we argued about the same thing when we really didnt have all that different of an opinion solely because you didnt like my positivity regarding blowing up the team and the benefit of the doubt that i was willing to give a new ownership group who was doing the right thing

Our disagreement was over the fact that I thought you were severely over rating some of the return players. I don't see what you are talking about here.

So you don't think you were being a contrarian for being the only one defending the front office's long term strategy and modest returns, but somehow I am now for this?

Even your new pal Bald Eagle was giving you a hard time then, if I recall correctly.

If you guys are going to call be a contrarian, then so be it, but at least be  consistent and not hypocritical.

I'm still waiting to hear why I'm so off base for pondering if Marlins Man might not be the asshole you were all so quick the brand him as being btw. 

No because I actually believed what i was saying whereas im saying a lot of the stuff we argued about and continue to argue about(if not in relation to the returns then to other things) was stuff that you were just arguing for the sake of arguing about.  We can just drop it there is no point in arguing about this stuff further was just stating my opinion.  Ill take your word that you werent just arguing for the sake of arguing and we can move on.  

We can also just agree to disagree on marlins man.  To me, his shtick is old and it is done most of the time for the sole purpose of getting attention for himself.  He claims to be this huge marlins fan that will do anything for the team and acts like he should be rewarded for being a fan and voluntarily investing his money all these years.  To me he's an old lonely man seeking attention between the bright orange jersey and the different things like radio interviews, the december Q&A, and the girls behind home plate (which i dont blame him for because id love to be a rich old man surrounded by hot younger girls, i just dont need him to seek attention at every possible point).   Being a fan for this long and not being treated right is one thing, but the marlins arent treating him poorly, they just arent giving him preferential treatment and this attention that he is so clearly seeking.  

If he wanted to handle this stuff privately he could do so and he could either renew or not renew.  This months long shtick of publicly talking about renewing and why he hasnt renewed yet and that he thinks he is owed something and that Q&A back in december is just proof that he just wants attention.  I also blame Andy Slater for continuing to give this guy a platform on his radio show.  Id be cool with him if he wanted to have actual conversations about the on the field product, but he's just trying to talk about himself in such a self important and ridiculous way when no one could give 2 shits if he renews or doesnt renew and the majority of fans dont like him anyways. 

Unless he's seriously lowballing them, is what he did really that bad? I know it seems like he has a massive ego and all, but he's been a season ticket holder for 25 years (apparently) and has probably sunk millions into the team. But I suppose Jeter and co. don't care about that.

lets say those seats are 500 bucks a game.  x 81 games = 40,500  x 3 = 121,500 for one seat.

do the math.