4/7/18 Post Game: Marlins get throttled 20-1

DTrain

Guest Guest

Nobody should be surprised. The state of the rotation is a total joke with Straily out although Urena can be fairly decent at times.

And the offense is almost entirely devoid of power after purging Yelich, Stanton, and Ozuna and not really acquiring any power to replace them.

I still have no idea why Brinson is on the MLB squad. I will say that even if he lights up next week.

Nobody should really be acting surprised. I expect several games like this in 2018. It's who we are at least until next year. It doesn't bug me either because it doesn't mean much if anything at all. This team is too young and inexperienced and untalented where they're not "young and inexperienced" to not have games like this one. The true test on them and on Mattingly is how they bounce back tomorrow and in the next few days. 

Dillon Peters is not good. 

Too soon to give up on Peters.  He had a very good minor league career, and his stuff is decent.  Just have to give him the ball and let him figure things out in the Show.  That's what this season is for anyway.

Too soon to give up on Peters.  He had a very good minor league career, and his stuff is decent.  Just have to give him the ball and let him figure things out in the Show.  That's what this season is for anyway.

Fair point although I think his stuff sucks. 

I don’t think anyone is acting surprised in this thread.  

Well, maybe that they lost by 19 runs.  That’s quite a feat.  But, yeah, no one is acting surprised the Marlins are bad. 

Anyone surprised or frustrated by this loss is delusional. This team is horrible and it'll be horrible all year long.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Our "little league" product will skew the MLB numbers for sure this year because the 4 teams who play us 19 times will probably have higher win totals than they would if we fielded an MLB team. Just saying. It is interesting yet disturbing to witness.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.