Is there an exciting player in this organization?

Erick

Like, as a fan, is there anything to get excited about right now? 

I know we have some prospects, but, to start the year, they all look like they have bust potential. Their floors seem to be much greater than their ceilings. 

Maybe I’m just becoming negative which makes no sense since we all knew this year was going to suck, but this really feels like rock bottom?

Of the core players we’re supposedly building around, NONE of them are off to good starts except for maybe Bryan Anderson (is he even a core player for this franchise)?

I'm really excited about Joe Dunand and Riley Mahan in Jupiter.  They are both off to great starts.  Last years draft class might be thw best we've had in a long while.  

I'm also anxious to see how Peters and Richards progress in the majors this year.  I know they are made fun of on here but I think they are both very intersting prospects even if their ceiling isn't that of ace.

I haven't caught a Hammerheads game yet, but a buddy of mine did and thought Mahan was really impressive, I would like to see Guzman there. I'll also make a trip up see Harrison in Jax, but not super excited about any of these kids.

On a side note even though I was against his selection Josh Naylor leads the minors in Homers and is hitting almost .500

Marlins WAR ranks (via Fangraphs.com)

hitters 

Rojas 0.6 

Anderson 0.4

Shuck 0.3

Castro 0.2

DD 0.1

Maybin 0.0

Bour -0.1

Wallach -0.2

Brinson -0.5

pitchers

Steckenrider, Urena 0.3

Richards 0.2

Despaigne, Smith, Guerrero, Garcia 0.1

Ziegler 0.0

OGrady, Bearclaw, Tazawa, Peters -0.1

------------------------------------

Is there an exciting player in this organization?

- At least, no one sparks in major level. 

I would think Anderson is part of our next core

I think he has the potential to be that. Right now he has been one of our most consistent players this year. Only goes to show you that a player like Brinson would highly benefit from being sent down. You might see that when Prado comes back.

I am excited about Alcantara and Sierra, the Ozuna trade aside I hope these guys really pan out. Would be nice to have Sierra in CF, Brinson in LF and Harrison in RF for years to come.

All things aside the pitching has been fine so far this season even in a small sample size, but our season high in runs was 7 and that was accomplished this past Friday.

I think he has the potential to be that. Right now he has been one of our most consistent players this year. Only goes to show you that a player like Brinson would highly benefit from being sent down. You might see that when Prado comes back.

I am excited about Alcantara and Sierra, the Ozuna trade aside I hope these guys really pan out. Would be nice to have Sierra in CF, Brinson in LF and Harrison in RF for years to come.

All things aside the pitching has been fine so far this season even in a small sample size, but our season high in runs was 7 and that was accomplished this past Friday.

Don’t get me wrong, those guys all have potential, but they’re all extremely risky prospects and I guess I just really hope the start of the season is a fluke for most of them.

I still can't believe that Brinson hasn't been sent down. It seems like a no-brainer to me. You can call up literally anybody who plays OF to take his place and it will be entirely justified.

Call up Van Slyke who should be on the team anyway. 

Don’t get me wrong, those guys all have potential, but they’re all extremely risky prospects and I guess I just really hope the start of the season is a fluke for most of them.

Many prospects can have high potential but considered risky. Can't miss players are really hard to find. Even if we were to get the #1 or #2 pick next year and pick a can't miss guy, doesn't mean he pans out. Houston still missed out on a couple, see Mark Appel but they also got some nice ones. Correa, Alex Bregman

I'll quote Mike Hill and say that the best approach this franchise can do is take a "layered approach" and stack the system with as many prospects in various positions. Give them a chance to see what they do this draft and the following with a rehauled front office, EVEN if Mike Hill is still in it. Jeter has shown so far that he is gonna let them do their job.

I still can't believe that Brinson hasn't been sent down. It seems like a no-brainer to me. You can call up literally anybody who plays OF to take his place and it will be entirely justified.

I think he is 1 for his past 33 + and that 1 hit was Friday which snapped and 0-26 lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.