Which has been the most disappointing Marlins season ever?

I don’t think you know what disappointment means. 

I’ll explain.  

Our RF hit 59 HR’s last year and OPS’d over 1.000

He’s not on our team this year. 

That is very disappointing to me this year. 

That doesn't mean the 2018 season in a vacuum is disappointing, it's going exactly as expected.

Or maybe he expected one of Brinson, Monte, Diaz or Devers to be providing some type of production at their respective levels. I understand it’s early, which is why expectations were maybe one of them could provide a glimmer of hope. Nope, nada 

Like you said it's early. Brinson has shown some reasons to have hope for him, he just needs to improve on pitch recognition.

only real young guy we have that really matters for the future is Brinson and Anderson to an extent.  Everyone else is just filler for the other guys we've gotten to continue to develop.  We wont start seeing the real young guys for another few months and then at the beginning to the middle of next year, plus the guys we draft/have drafted that havent really begun to climb the minors yet.

I was including the guys in the minors off to terrible starts.

Didn’t label any of those players as bust. Not to mention the Braves didn’t tear down their entire team for that one player as we did with the core I mentioned 

they didnt have a  below .500 team to tear down like we did and they still invested strongly in IFA and the draft.  hence why  they didnt bottom out quite as bad as we will. ***it really does not go talked about enough just how obviously much Loria directed his front office to give up in building a quality organization in his last few years when it was obvious EXACTLY when he would sell the team.  I dare any impartial person to look at our moves the last 4-5 years of loria's ownership and tell me that they were the moves of any owner who didnt know EXACTLY when he was selling his franchise and exactly when he was legally allowed to without penalty. 

they didnt have a  below .500 team to tear down like we did and they still invested strongly in IFA and the draft.  hence why  they didnt bottom out quite as bad as we will. ***it really does not go talked about enough just how obviously much Loria directed his front office to give up in building a quality organization in his last few years when it was obvious EXACTLY when he would sell the team.  I dare any impartial person to look at our moves the last 4-5 years of loria's ownership and tell me that they were the moves of any owner who didnt know EXACTLY when he was selling his franchise and exactly when he was legally allowed to without penalty. 

I get everything you’re saying. 

My point is that this season is just as much, if not more about our core group of minor leaguers and following their progress as it is about Bour/DD/Straily etc having success. Thus far, Brinson, Diaz, Harrison and Sierra have been bad. This doesn’t mean they are bad players,  but if this continues, this will be a very disappointing season. 

2012 and 2017.  The 2004 and 2005 seasons were disappointing, as well.

I think people forget how we were legitimate contenders going into 2004 and I specifically remember someone on ESPN Baseball Tonight after the 2004 Marlins made that mid season trade with the Dodgers to get Paul Lo Duca Guillermo Mota and Juan Encarnacion, one of the analysts said "Might as well hand the Marlins the World Series trophy again."

Of course everything bottomed out quickly but we weren't a joke in 2004.

We made some others trades in 2004 trade deadline.

Traded Abraham Nunez to the Kansas City Royals. Received Rudy Seanez.

Traded Travis Chick to the San Diego Padres. Received Ismael Valdez.

Those were supposed to help us out with pitching but didn't turn out as expected. Does anybody remember how good Armando Benitez was? I do. He had a career year 1.29 era and 47 saves. I looked at his stats and he never was the same after that. When he had his second stint in 2007 with us he was horrendous.

I think people forget how we were legitimate contenders going into 2004 and I specifically remember someone on ESPN Baseball Tonight after the 2004 Marlins made that mid season trade with the Dodgers to get Paul Lo Duca Guillermo Mota and Juan Encarnacion, one of the analysts said "Might as well hand the Marlins the World Series trophy again."

I didn't understand the 2004 pick as being disappointing either.

I guess any year you don't win the WS is disappointing? 

On a positive note, our expectations are going to be so low after this year that not losing 100 games in 2019 will be like a miracle season.

I didn't understand the 2004 pick as being disappointing either.

I guess any year you don't win the WS is disappointing? 

On a positive note, our expectations are going to be so low after this year that not losing 100 games in 2019 will be like a miracle season.

2004: I can understand 2004 being disappointing because we won the world series in 2003 and, contrary to popular belief, did NOT blow up that team, so we were expected to contend and while we still had a winning team we didn't make the playoffs. If your post world series team is still good a playoff berth the next year is a pretty fair thing to expect. 

As for 2019 I disagree that we won't have expectations, to an extent... if 2018 is the first year of a rebuild we're gonna be expected to at least be better than 2018 next year especially if the majority of the team is the same. Stepping backwards in 2019 would be a monumental disaster on so many levels.

Matter of fact, 2019 could be more critical to the entire process than 2018. If the 2019 team is better than 2018 then it'll be way easier for the organization to say the rebuild is working and thus the community and fanbase can start to "believe" more. If not, oh boy. 

Thing was we were only at .500 at the trade deadline. We got off to a hot start, 8-1. But 5.5 games back in the division on that day, so not out of it, but definitely, IMO, not enough in the trades to get us back into it. By the end of August, 8.5 back, and don't forget the hurricane games that had to be made up or even played elsewhere.

Thing was we were only at .500 at the trade deadline. We got off to a hot start, 8-1. But 5.5 games back in the division on that day, so not out of it, but definitely, IMO, not enough in the trades to get us back into it. By the end of August, 8.5 back, and don't forget the hurricane games that had to be made up or even played elsewhere.

To this day I still wonder how things might have turned out that season if those hurricane games didn't happen. 

To this day I still wonder how things might have turned out that season if those hurricane games didn't happen. 

Gotta wonder.

2007 was pretty disappointing, too, come to think of it. After the 2006 team was supposed to lose 121 games or so and ended up only losing 85, being a few games worse the next year was awful.

2007, Hermida, Hanley, Miggy were the ones with really good seasons offensively. Cody Ross was also lighting the world on fire but got injured and only played 66 games [with 12 homers and 39 RBI while OPSing 1.064]. Pitching was god-awful, second worst team ERA in the NL, among other things. Then we traded Miggy and Dontrelle and improved to 84 wins in 2008, go figure ...

Guest CHRISTYTOD
 Does anybody remember how good Armando Benitez was? 

Yes. He is one of many greats who came to the Marlins and failed.......things that make you go "hmmmmm". It is very Dolphin-esque.