BALLPARK PASS EMAIL

Um, so it seems the marlins are now doing basically monthly, no contract ticket plans for $29.99. Being that I usually spend as much if not more on food than my ticket, it will probably help revenue some and help get people out to a random tuesday night game since it's pretty much "free" to go. Though it might make sense business wise, I can't help but feel it's insanely depressing that they need to do that to bring people in. Unless I'm mistaken and the whole league is doing it, in which case I take it back. What do you guy think about it?

[ATTACH]1921._xfImport[/ATTACH]

17321673_ScreenShot2018-04-25at6_07_00PM.thumb.png.19ba1ecaebf2bc72a47d26f4a1dd0d1b.png

i'm thinking there may be other teams that do this but probably not for nearly as cheap as this. 

good point. I checked the marlins terms and it doesn't dictate the section that you get from the start. It says two hours before the game you find out, but it doesn't say that they're only "vista level" for example. Yet the cardinals and brewers specify that it's only standing room tickets. 

My local minor league teams do stuff like this, which is how I think it should be handled. Crazy that an MLB team is having to do it at all. I get that they need to put people in seats and try and get them to spend money elsewhere at the ballpark, but it's still embarrassing.

The Marlins did have this last season and other teams do it as well including the Yankees. I think it's a great idea and brings easy revenue because anyone who buys this is gonna easily spend more in concessions and merchandise. It's brilliant. I'd consider it if I didn't have a family and lived closer to the ballpark. For that price and in that situation I'd definitely go to more games just for the fun of it even with the team not being good.

My local minor league teams do stuff like this, which is how I think it should be handled. Crazy that an MLB team is having to do it at all. I get that they need to put people in seats and try and get them to spend money elsewhere at the ballpark, but it's still embarrassing.

I know you have an agenda but the Marlins aren't nearly the only team to do this. First team I saw do it personally, actually, was the Cardinals.

• 3 weeks later...
i'm thinking there may be other teams that do this but probably not for nearly as cheap as this. 

Thoughts?

https://www.mlb.com/dbacks/tickets/specials/ballpark-pass/?partnerId=ed-12597789-1071432283

D-Backs - "Get 40 games for just $80"

Yea I have a few:

Chase Field has a massive upper deck (which is where these seats are being offered) and most D-Backs games I’ve seen on TV those seats are empty. So it makes good business sense to sell them for something instead of nothing

If I was a D-Backs fan living near Chase Field I’d buy these in a heartbeat.

The team has ulterior motives.  They just sued the county to get out of their lease because they say the venue isn’t suitable.  They can use this to play up a narrative that they have to basically give tickets away to get people to come to their dump to see the Diamondbacks.

Every team with empty seats should do this. 

I don't think this is just something for teams with bad attendance... this is part of the way young kids are purchasing everything in the world nowadays. This is a great idea that will boost attendance even for teams like the Yankees who we think don't need this or would never do this. This isn't just a silly gimmick. Down the line a significant percentage of tickets will likely be sold this way.