Jarlin Garcia moved back to pen, Elieser Hernandez to start tonight, Caleb Smith pushed to Wednesday

Ocean Blue

His good starts were mirages, his bad starts were a bit worse than he actually pitched. He's somewhere in between the two: a guy with a projected ERA between 5 and 6 has no place in a major league rotation. 

He was barely allowing baserunners in his starts to begin the year. He had four good starts in a row and was leading MLB in ERA after those starts. I know you may be one of those people who say ERA means nothing which is fine but he also had a good WHIP. Unless that also means nothing nowadays.

On further analysis, Smith is performing amazingly well right now, Urena Chen and Straily are virtually locked in as starters even with struggles... so if they wanna try Elieser as a starter (which they do), Garcia is the odd man out and with his recent struggles maybe it IS the best time to give him a mini break and move him to the pen. He's flexible enough that he can jump right back into the rotation down the line. 

It seems like a really strange thing but it's the only move that makes sense right now. 

On further analysis, Smith is performing amazingly well right now, Urena Chen and Straily are virtually locked in as starters even with struggles... so if they wanna try Elieser as a starter (which they do), Garcia is the odd man out and with his recent struggles maybe it IS the best time to give him a mini break and move him to the pen. He's flexible enough that he can jump right back into the rotation down the line. 

It seems like a really strange thing but it's the only move that makes sense right now. 

Fair enough but you must agree the Song guy above is off his rocker with his analysis of Garcia.

Rumors that Alcantara may be coming up soon. 

We already have 6 starters on the MLB roster and just made a really odd move to shoehorn Hernandez into the rotation, it'd be really weird timing to try and squeeze Alcantara in as well right now. Who would go if he does come up? They're better off waiting until an injury or until someone blows it.

we also don’t have any solid long relief option in the pen now.  There will be plenty of chances for Garcia to pitch in long relief similar to what he did against the cubs in the opening series 

I wish Chen wasn't in the rotation. Garcia is fine, he isn't great, and he hasn't really shown that he will become great. Chen has been bad. one of the worst starting pitchers in the major leagues bad. so bad that 3 bb 3 ks over an outing without giving up a home run is amazing.

Please help me convince my wife of this. 

Just show her my post from a while back (I think you might remember it)and I'm sure she'll come around.  Lol. I'm and old guy and I'm not sure how to find old posts on here. It might even be from two seasons ago.

His good starts were mirages, his bad starts were a bit worse than he actually pitched. He's somewhere in between the two: a guy with a projected ERA between 5 and 6 has no place in a major league rotation. 

I love you SITA but we aren't going to agree on this.  Jarlin is not the second coming of Cy Young by any means bug hrs is also not a 5 to 6 ERA guy.  He's probably a 4th starter or a very good bullpen arm. 

[ATTACH]1960._xfImport[/ATTACH]

ms-UiSh7p.gif.e3210fc7d514af854a844b6948799900.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.