Tyler Kolek (lol)

What happend to this guy? I thought he was supposed to be pitching this year?

This should be a short lived topic, I just want to know what happened to the worst 6 million dollars spent by the marlins in recent history.

He’s back on the DL since the start of the year with tendinitis. Just can’t stay healthy. Happens when you’re all arm and very little lower half, don’t get your hips involved or torqued into your windup, and throw over 100 as a HSer trying to impress scouts.

At this point it’ll take a near miracle for him to reach his ceiling. But he could potentially still be good closer material.

That was a horrible draft for the Fish, their 2nd first round pick Blake Anderson a catcher couldn't hit and is being converted to a pitcher, they also got Justin Twine in that one too! They did get Brian Anderson and Dillon Peters in that one but looking at the list they should be it for making it to the Show

That was a horrible draft for the Fish, their 2nd first round pick Blake Anderson a catcher couldn't hit and is being converted to a pitcher, they also got Justin Twine in that one too! They did get Brian Anderson and Dillon Peters in that one but looking at the list they should be it for making it to the Show

It doesn't really matter whom'st else they drafted if they got the greatest baseball player of all time in round 2

• 1 year later...
he is also rehabbing from Tommy John Surgery, so promising start, and I would assume he will be in a relief role until he can build up the stamina to return to the rotation.

I know that wasn't meant to be super positive, but it was super positive. You just made it sound like you expect him to start, like he is pitching well enough to get outs in more than one inning. IF he ever starts another game again I would be surprised.

Just went back and looked and...HOLY SHIT the 2014 draft was excruciatingly awful for the Marlins. TWO players from that draft have played in the major leagues, and one of them is Dillon Peters who barely counts.

Just wondering who is the other one ?