The people wearing the bright yellow/green shirts behind home plate

DTrain

What’s the deal with that? It would be fun to watch one home game without seeing bright shirts behind home plate 

I know nothing about them but I’m guessing one of two things:

1) They’re advertising something (I wouldn’t know for sure because if they are I can’t read the print on the shirt). 

2) They’re super needy and want people to see them on TV

*I’m pretty sure it’s not the same people sitting there every night.  Same shirts, different people. 

I think it's a law firm that sits there and gives the tickets away to employees (they wear the shirts) or clients (obviously no shirts).

Theyve missed a few games, but they certainly are following the Marlins Man example. When he became the douchebag he is from the orange shirt, they started to pop up. He probably told them about the benefits of "Branding".

Poor execution though. You can't see crap on em.

It's the first inning and they aren't in their seats yet. The home plate background looks sooooo much better without them there.

I think most other MLB franchises would tell them to knock it off, but the Marlins are probably so desperate for corporate season ticket holders in luxury seats that they keep their mouths shut.

They're there now!

It's the first inning and they aren't in their seats yet. The home plate background looks sooooo much better without them there.

I think most other MLB franchises would tell them to knock it off, but the Marlins are probably so desperate for corporate season ticket holders in luxury seats that they keep their mouths shut.

I think it's just a battle they aren't willing to fight. The Dodgers, Indians and a few other teams (Royals?) have tried to ban the practice of bright or different teams shirts in high profile seats and have been crapped on. TB Lightning too I believe.

It's not worth the negative PR. Heck look at what Marlins Man tried to do and how that backfired on the Marlins too

"The Marlins have no fans because they run them away!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.