Barraclough

Donna

I wanted the relievers traded at the trade deadline. A lot of people did actually. Except for you because you think a baseball team is a marriage.

I got news for ya, even a marriage is more rewarding than this team....

Wait a minute.... it IS like a marriage. Once in a blue moon you get lucky--- but mostly you walk around with blue balls hoping for next year.

TaiwanMarlin for Admin!

A guy like Brad Hand for instance had a much longer successful track record so it was easy for a team to trade more for him. Just like we know Kyle's success was brief, so do all the other teams. How do we know for a fact the Marlins were offered a good haul for him?

Barraclough’s success hasn’t really been brief. He’s been solid for about 3 or 4 years now.

Hand’s a better reliever, but we didn’t necessarily need a Hand-like return to trade him for good value.

He's standing at the top step of the dugout ready to walk out and remove the pitcher at all times.

Thanks a lot and I got it,it seems treated the closer more like the 7th and 8th inning relief pitcher,didn't just give him every chance to finish the inning but to remove him once the game was endangered,I think it's an eclectic way to him and to the team.

Thanks a lot and I got it,it seems treated the closer more like the 7th and 8th inning relief pitcher,didn't just give him every chance to finish the inning but to remove him once the game was endangered,I think it's an eclectic way to him and to the team.

It just baffles me that Mattingly doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with letting him just sweat it out on the mind until the game ends with a ball in the seats. Say what you will about not wanting to hurt a player's feelings, but it does much more damage to his confidence going forward if he continues to fail. July should have been a major warning sign that things aren't fine, and yet, Donnie continues to send him to the bump in the most important situations. Did it with Ziegler as well, so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked.

People have always said Don has bad bullpen management but it's to an extreme with Barraclough. It feels like he literally leaves him out there to die every single time. It seems to be more than just showing confidence in the guy. It comes off like stubbornness. Could be wrong but I felt like Ziegler (and others) got pulled more often when he was struggling. 

People have always said Don has bad bullpen management but it's to an extreme with Barraclough. It feels like he literally leaves him out there to die every single time. It seems to be more than just showing confidence in the guy. It comes off like stubbornness. Could be wrong but I felt like Ziegler (and others) got pulled more often when he was struggling. 

Didn't every manager has bad bullpen management when his bullpen blow a game ?

I think Ziegs had 6 blown saves before he was pulled. Mattingly simply doesn’t know how to manage a bullpen and is too afraid to hurt a closers feelings and let’s them throw away game after game. He manages as if he’s just asleep in the dugout. He sits there and watches Barraclough walk the bases in Tampa and almost an exact repeat tonight and just refuses to pull the trigger on him.  At this point, If someone told me Mattingly was tanking games on purpose with his bullpen management, it would be hard not to believe them.

I agree, how??? Can a manager watch his guy going down for the proverbial third time and not throw him a rope!!!

I just watched a Tampa Rays game where the opposing team(White Sox)went through at least four pitchers in one inning to get out of a hole and ultimately win the game.

When the going gets tough, Mattingly is just not a team manager.