Jeter inexplicably opening the roof in August

DTrain

The Feels Like temp right now in Miami is 97 degrees.  2 hours before first pitch. 

Which idiot on the forum will defend this decision?

Well, I guess someone has to. lol

I love the feeling of watching baseball in a sauna. Its a passive activity that allows me to lose some weight. I for one am thankful we have a partial owner who is so considerate of the gym day we chose to skip to see a game.

Are you kidding?  That's insane.  It may be fine to have the roof open up in the air conditioned suite he sits in, and I get it - there are occasionally some nights where there's a relatively nice breeze that it's not so bad out, but come on man?  You're just asking people to be miserable and not come back.

I was thinking about posting something like this a few weeks back because he's had the roof open on some other rather humid nights - is he saving money by not paying AC for the few people that show up?   I'm assuming ownership has to pay the utility bills?  I'm not kidding - it really does seem like with the tiny crowd he thinks there's no point in paying the bill to cool a whole stadium for a few thousand people. 

I was thinking about posting something like this a few weeks back because he's had the roof open on some other rather humid nights - is he saving money by not paying AC for the few people that show up?   I'm assuming ownership has to pay the utility bills?  I'm not kidding - it really does seem like with the tiny crowd he thinks there's no point in paying the bill to cool a whole stadium for a few thousand people. 

I think it was you I replied to the other day about this. Apologies if not. 

It has been mentioned in the past, it actually costs more if he keeps the roof open because the AC is always running regardless.

I think it's just really a tough decision to make,increasing the cost (turn on the AC) to attract people to the ballpark or decreasing the cost (turn off the AC) due to people not to the ballpark.

As has been pointed out, the A/C is on regardless of the roof open or closed.  Opening the roof on a hot humid evening in August is not a recipe to attract people to the park, IMO.

I get it's not "traditional", but people don't want to sit in a tub of sweat at a game.

As has been pointed out, the A/C is on regardless of the roof open or closed.  Opening the roof on a hot humid evening in August is not a recipe to attract people to the park, IMO.

I get it's not "traditional", but people don't want to sit in a tub of sweat at a game.

Then it would be really ridiculous,why to open the roof with the A/C on ? I believe nobody would turn on the A/C and open the window of the car.

Then it would be really ridiculous,why to open the roof with the A/C on ? I believe nobody would turn on the A/C and open the window of the car.

Well they've done that every time the roof is open since 2012....

A big reason is that there'd be no air flow up in the concourse/concession area without it since the stadium is enclosed.  

I assume it works the same way at all the retractable parks. It debunks the "Roof open to save money" argument that people constantly make.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.