Sign in to follow this  
AeroFishOne

Following other MLB teams

AeroFishOne    739

I'm sure this has been talked about before but does anyone follow any other teams? Im sure it would be harder to be a fan of other teams if you have a local team but I'm on a lonely island in Nc.  I would never stop being a Marlins fan but ive grown fond of the Rockies over the years. I feel they have a kindred spirit with the Marlins since they started the same year. Colorado is one of my favorite states to visit.  They are not a bandwagon team and i dig their whole identity with the logos and uniform package.

I have recently gotten rid of standard cable/sat and unfortunately there are a few blackout teams in my area that MLB.tv. wont cover, I find myself missing quite a few games between this and work. This is where another team fills the hole to a degree. 

Anybody else follow another team and why?

SongInTheAir    4,794

I live three miles from Dodger Stadium and a lot of my friends an coworkers are Dodgers fans, so I always know what's going on with them even if I don't actively root for the team. I've been a fan of the A's since I was a kid, not as strongly as I am a Marlins fan, but they were always my AL team. I cover the Indians and Cardinals for a website now, so while I couldn't care less if the teams win or lose, I definitely follow them pretty closely. 

poptart    611

I can get down w the Rockies. fellow 1993 expansion team, and my brother lives in Denver, like 5 minutes away from Coors Field.

I hopped on the Astros bandwagon a few years ago. not sure why. but whatever, Loria's selling soon so I'm not gonna need a second team.

27 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

I used to live in San Fran before moving to Miami. So I'm Giants fan too.

Nobody asked you