Urena hits Acuna Jr with first pitch

SilverBullet

I doubt anything happens to Urena but maybe it's time for a closed door clubhouse meeting. 

He'll get a suspension from MLB I'm sure, as he should.

How long it'll be, TBD. Maybe make it a minimum of 10 games and adjust accordingly to Acuna's injury.

"It worked out terrible for our team," catcher J.T. Realmuto said. "The fact that we've been taxed the last week, really. Guys have been used a lot, and having to come in and throw eight innings for this game, when Jose's usually a guy you can get six or seven out of, it really taxed the 'pen. Luckily we have an off-day tomorrow, so those guys can get some rest."

Maybe he was throwing inside and got away from him. Anyways, he hit him and got thrown out. Just baseball. Get over it.

Have to be naive to think it wasn't intentional. We'd hate it if it was done to one of our guys, so lets not be Keith Hernandez and defend this idiot. That's not baseball, its bullshit.

Acuna wasn't hit for showboating (not that it would make this ok anyway), he was hit because he hit 3 straight leadoff homers and Urena didn't want to give up the 4th. That's a cowardly move, not a baseball move. He could've put Acuna out for the season, a ROTY candidate on a playoff contending team.

Doesn’t mean anything if Don and Jeter don’t do anything about it. Just a bunch of words. 

What’s Jeter’s role here? Obviously he’s a former major leaguer and will have an opinion, but I’m not clear that his role with the Marlins puts him in a position to deal with this kind of thing.

What’s Jeter’s role here? Obviously he’s a former major leaguer and will have an opinion, but I’m not clear that his role with the Marlins puts him in a position to deal with this kind of thing.

I'm not entirely certain of his level of power in this system, but at the very least he can be highly suggestive of a penalty, which will send the message loud and clear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.