Comunidad 305

I found this interesting... they're doing a Comunidad 305 night on Sept 22, I guess treating it as a one night test run for next year having that section happening all season long? 

But I clicked the ticket link just out of curiosity and saw that when you buy the tickets you first choose which country you represent and then are lead to specific sections for your tickets... so they're gonna do this and separate people by nationality. Either Cuba, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, or Nicaragua.

Hmm... this is either smart because it'll organize the fans better or it's ridiculous and will lead to a crazy turf war!

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/tickets/specials/comunidad

I found this interesting... they're doing a Comunidad 305 night on Sept 22, I guess treating it as a one night test run for next year having that section happening all season long? 

But I clicked the ticket link just out of curiosity and saw that when you buy the tickets you first choose which country you represent and then are lead to specific sections for your tickets... so they're gonna do this and separate people by nationality. Either Cuba, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, or Nicaragua.

Hmm... this is either smart because it'll organize the fans better or it's ridiculous and will lead to a crazy turf war!

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/tickets/specials/comunidad

Why not both?

Still can't grasp why they think this will be a big attendance booster.  The WBC created the atmosphere of countries because those countries were actually on the field.  Do they really think, like the "loud latin music will make people want to come", that all the people from different nationalities will want to flock to the stadium so they can pay an entrance fee to loudly compete against people from other countries to see which country can make the most noise in the stands.  And of course, make sure everyone is segregated by country sections.  

Still can't grasp why they think this will be a big attendance booster.  The WBC created the atmosphere of countries because those countries were actually on the field.  Do they really think, like the "loud latin music will make people want to come", that all the people from different nationalities will want to flock to the stadium so they can pay an entrance fee to loudly compete against people from other countries to see which country can make the most noise in the stands.  And of course, make sure everyone is segregated by country sections.  

I mean, maybe. But they are at least being creative and trying. I’m not sure why the negativity. Remember, more attendance means potentially more payroll, which is correlated with a winning product, so...

People would accuse them of being the same as the old front office if they do the same exact stuff (fair) but then complain when they try something different. Maybe it fails, but at least they are trying something new.

u want to try something new ? lower the tickets , food and parking 

Doing "something new" is not an effective marketing strategy.  They are obviously doubling down on the "Latin" appeal, which has not been tried before.  But that could also turn off other fans who would rather hear traditional baseball noises (organ music, etc..) instead of really loud Latin music. 

But the Comunidad 305 idea just sounds like a ridiculous gimmick, thought up by people who don't understand local culture. 

Doing "something new" is not an effective marketing strategy

It is certainly better to try something new, rather than repeat the same exact previous things that didn't work. It is effective if it works. It may very well fail to do anything, but nobody can know 100% for a fact it won't work yet.

Doing "something new" is not an effective marketing strategy.  They are obviously doubling down on the "Latin" appeal, which has not been tried before.  But that could also turn off other fans who would rather hear traditional baseball noises (organ music, etc..) instead of really loud Latin music. 

But the Comunidad 305 idea just sounds like a ridiculous gimmick, thought up by people who don't understand local culture. 

The Comunidad 305 section is separate enough from the rest of the sections to not be a nuisance to those who might be turned off by it.

And I don't know if it's a ridiculous gimmick... this is Miami, I'm not guaranteeing it'll work but if it will work anywhere in this country it's here. I think it's closer to the local culture than people realize. It's not for "everyone" but there's definitely plenty of people that it's for.

Worth a shot I say, what do they really have to lose?

I also didn't realize until the other day that they're offering cheap season tickets in that section. Interesting to target season tickets there. That's bound to attract several new members. 

People would accuse them of being the same as the old front office if they do the same exact stuff (fair) but then complain when they try something different. Maybe it fails, but at least they are trying something new.

Today I will strangle my victims instead of stabbing them.  At least I'm trying something new? 

Just because you try something new doesn't mean it's a positive move.  Same thing applies to trades, draft picks, etc. 

Personally, I would be irked if I somehow ended up with a seat anywhere near a section that would bring in musical instruments and is designed to be noisy af (although you could probably sneak a ton of food into the park inside a tuba).  I'm sure they would gladly let you find another seat in the wide gulf of open seats available though.

I think the concept behind it is ok although I don't understand the country segregation necessarily since it's not the WBC and it's always going to be the Marlins and their opponent on the field.  I don't see how this will bring in additional people since you are free to make noise pretty much anywhere in the world - so why pay to go to a ballpark?  I would classify this as the old, "throw shit at a wall and see what sticks", move.

Today I will strangle my victims instead of stabbing them.  At least I'm trying something new?

Your analogy is stupid and you likely know that. There is a big difference between what you just said and what they are doing.

I clearly said it may not work. It is you and others like you that are once again giving it no chance of working. This is always the case.

Your analogy is stupid and you likely know that. There is a big difference between what you just said and what they are doing.

I clearly said it may not work. It is you and others like you that are once again giving it no chance of working. This is always the case.

It's no worse than you thinking it's always a good idea to just keep trying something new for the sake of trying something new.  Part of me believes that had Loria done the same thing you wouldn't have been so open to the idea because it wasn't Jeter and Co.

I also said that I didn't think it was a horrible idea for the most part (aside from the country segregation - this ain't the WBC), but you wanted instead decided to hone in on a "negative" comment and just say it's stupid.