Don to manage MLB stars in Japan

Admin

I wouldn't hate if we did. 

Next year is the last year of his deal.

I definitely don't see him being here beyond next year, but I could see them letting him finish out his contract next year and bringing in their own new guy for the "good year" 2020.

Mike Hill I wouldn't be surprised to see go after the season.

Next year is the last year of his deal.

I definitely don't see him being here beyond next year, but I could see them letting him finish out his contract next year and bringing in their own new guy for the "good year" 2020.

I was thinking this all year long but I'm starting to see @SonOfJacks point too and now I'm not so sure that Don is here in 2019.

I don't think having a lameduck manager in 2019 is a good move for a club that is looking to build into a contender in 2020. It would be better to get the new guy in sooner rather than later.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's done often - a guy is kept through the rebuild, and the new "their" guy is brought in when they're expected to be in contention.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's done often - a guy is kept through the rebuild, and the new "their" guy is brought in when they're expected to be in contention.

That it is - and furthermore, to SOJ's point, I feel it'd be better, personally, if the new manager came in next year, and then the team gets accustomed to him, connection deepens and they have the rapport for the "contending" season, or at least, the hopeful contending season.