Teal Throwbacks Back in 2019

SilverBullet

Another teal throwback weekend series is scheduled for July 2019. This is also pretty much a confirmation that a full on uniform rebrand won't happen until after 2019. So basically 2019's uniform rotation will be the same as 2018 including the throwback series. Gonna have to wait at least another year, if not more, for a uniform overhaul.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/09/20/report-marlins-in-teal-again-in-2019/

In theory, it could mean that we will have new uniforms that won't be direct copies of the old ones (allowing for a throwback night), but yeah, you're right, it likely means we keep the same ones and just have throwbacks.

True, not impossible, just thinking that if we did a full rebrand we wouldn't be announcing any 2019 uniform stuff yet. 

In theory, it could mean that we will have new uniforms that won't be direct copies of the old ones (allowing for a throwback night), but yeah, you're right, it likely means we keep the same ones and just have throwbacks.

exactly, first I'm hoping the rebrand happens next season also why not do Thursdays throwback during the whole season, just one series sucks

Others have disagreed with this notion in the past but I still think retooling the current brand next year is a possibility while they still sort out what they want to look like over the long term.  The well discussed media materials focusing on black and the current social media accounts showing a white M on black all suggest that they’re at least tinkering with the current marks. 

Others have disagreed with this notion in the past but I still think retooling the current brand next year is a possibility while they still sort out what they want to look like over the long term.  The well discussed media materials focusing on black and the current social media accounts showing a white M on black all suggest that they’re at least tinkering with the current marks. 

Tinkering with the logos and designs on a flag and on social media is way different than doing so on the uniform. They can tinker around literally every day of the season on other platforms because it's relatively easier and they don't need any permission/approval to do so but I can't see them doing a half ass uniform tinkering until they're ready for the whole rebuild. 

Tinkering with the logos and designs on a flag and on social media is way different than doing so on the uniform. They can tinker around literally every day of the season on other platforms because it's relatively easier and they don't need any permission/approval to do so but I can't see them doing a half ass uniform tinkering until they're ready for the whole rebuild. 

Why though.  They did it this year by shrinking the hat logo.  You’re obviously more up on the uniform rules of MLB than I am so tell me what they are.  I know professional tackle football is strict on the frequency of changes and number of alternates.  The collegiate variety allows a lot of things many of which get dropped seemingly out of the sky mid season (like the Gators green uniforms last year). What would prevent the marlins doing something minor like having a second cap that was just black and white?  Same logo with scaled back colors. 

I don’t think it’s smart to go around changing things constantly.  Consistency has virtue.  Do you think that it is completely out of the realm of possibility that they may want to explore all options with the current template before exploring a rebrand?  Just asking.  I’m just a guy.  Maybe you’re not and you know things.  

Why though.  They did it this year by shrinking the hat logo.  You’re obviously more up on the uniform rules of MLB than I am so tell me what they are.  I know professional tackle football is strict on the frequency of changes and number of alternates.  The collegiate variety allows a lot of things many of which get dropped seemingly out of the sky mid season (like the Gators green uniforms last year). What would prevent the marlins doing something minor like having a second cap that was just black and white?  Same logo with scaled back colors. 

I don’t think it’s smart to go around changing things constantly.  Consistency has virtue.  Do you think that it is completely out of the realm of possibility that they may want to explore all options with the current template before exploring a rebrand?  Just asking.  I’m just a guy.  Maybe you’re not and you know things.  

I can't honestly say I "know" things more than being super into uniforms and uniform changes etc etc for years upon years allowing me to speak with a bit of extra knowledge based on history but at the end of the day I'll admit I know nothing official and could absolutely be wrong on all this uniform stuff. 

With that said, a logo change in terms of color and adding a new cap to the rotation is way more than just changing a logo size on the manufacturing of the caps. There's more of a process and approval needed to change things past size. The two things aren't the same. 

I just don't see more small tweaks happening at this point especially with a bigger rebrand coming sooner rather than later. 

Again, I could be completely wrong. 

No, they’re not just going to throw things at a wall and see what sticks.