Realmuto traded to Phillies

Erick

Well considering I dont really like Alfaro at all....

I like Sanchez.  I dont know anything about the Stewart kid though.

Its about what I thought the deal would be.  

A top prospect, some other lesser stuff. 

It because clear as day that if they were going to make a deal it was going to come down to them getting Diaz back from Dodgers, Mejia back from San Diego, Barnhart back from Cincy or Alfaro back from Philly.  

The way it seemed is that Marlins were holding out for two top 50 prospects plus more.  They didnt get that.  They could have done this deal probably 6 weeks ago easy.  

:lol

1. Actually I don't want to trade with Padres. They were the real CHEATER definitely. 

2. Also I don't like Braves as a trade partner. They have already claimed a division champ without a decent catcher. If they were to add Realmuto, able to put the last piece of a puzzle and the balance of divison-rivalry would be gone.

Its about what I thought the deal would be.  

A top prospect, some other lesser stuff. 

It because clear as day that if they were going to make a deal it was going to come down to them getting Diaz back from Dodgers, Mejia back from San Diego, Barnhart back from Cincy or Alfaro back from Philly.  

The way it seemed is that Marlins were holding out for two top 50 prospects plus more.  They didnt get that.  They could have done this deal probably 6 weeks ago easy.  

:lol

I think the expectation was that the braves or someone else would bite. The plan was a top 20 prospect. That was pretty much how you got to the table. It's the what else that was holding up this trade. The marlins wanted clearly at LEAST 1 more high upside piece. Either that be a major league asset, or a prospect. Then they wanted a guy with good numbers in the minors.

This wasn't the ideal package, but it checks all the boxes. This is exactly what I expected during the winter meetings and this is what I am glad we got. 

Now the big question going forward and it's the question that we still aren't sure we are going to like the answer to, is can we turn raw talent into baseball success? I'm not sure, the organization believes that they can. We will see.

“It’s a possible steal [for the Marlins], I think,” said one National League scout who has seen Alfaro and Sanchez.

The scout called Sanchez “an elite prospect” with “devastating stuff” and said Alfaro is “an everyday starter in the big leagues with power and one of the best arms in baseball.”

“It’s the same as Realmuto’s arm,” the scout said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article225315075.html

I honestly think the Marlins did about as well as they could do. I hate the Phillies, but on paper, they had the best offer. Sixto is only 20. He has drawn some comparisons to Pedro. Stewart they say is a young Chris Sale, but idk we’ll see about him. I like that the Marlins got $250k in Intl Bonus $$ to possibly use. I think Alfaro will be a serviceable MLB catcher. I don’t see how people can trash the Marlins here ik I’m biased but this looks to be a good move. The only move I look back on that was bad that Jeter did was the Yelich deal. You could argue every other deal has been a W. 

Can we line up all the media and fans who thought the Marlins holding out on the return for JT was a disaster in the making? 

The Marlins thoroughly explored all options on this one.  They obviously asked for more than what several teams were willing to part with.  They played multiple team offers against one another.  This is exactly what you want from your front office because that’s how you figure out what Max market value is for your asset.  It’s exactly what people were screaming about last year when it seemed like only St Louis and San Francisco were trade partners for Stanton.  So I don’t get or appreciate any LOL Marlins type of reaction to this trade.  Particularly the variety of “well they could have done that months ago”. 

This is what he’s worth.  Hope these guys work out.  Really excited about Sixto 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.