Realmuto traded to Phillies

I would thinks so, no?

It seems inexplicable to me that they'd just let him go for nothing with some of the other guys on the roster.

I'm thinking the Marlins told the teams involved that a trade would require (as an example) Players A, B, and C... and the other teams are hesitant in including "that one last player"... so the Marlins are now gonna be like "If we throw in Nick Wittgren would that be enough to get those players?"

Feels like that's where we stand.

I'm thinking the Marlins told the teams involved that a trade would require (as an example) Players A, B, and C... and the other teams are hesitant in including "that one last player"... so the Marlins are now gonna be like "If we throw in Nick Wittgren would that be enough to get those players?"

Feels like that's where we stand.

I agree.  The problem is, they have what, 7 days to do something with him now?  So the clock would be ticking?

I agree.  The problem is, they have what, 7 days to do something with him now?  So the clock would be ticking?

Yeah, if they got close to an agreement with the Padres or Reds maybe that's why they did this move now. A resolution has to be near... I really think they don't want this distraction during spring training.

Yeah, if they got close to an agreement with the Padres or Reds maybe that's why they did this move now. A resolution has to be near... I really think they don't want this distraction during spring training.

Seems like it creates an unnecessary headache, though, should a deal not materialize/fall through, or get beat out by another deal at the last minute.  I don't mean to be a broken record, but there are guys on the roster that are way higher up on the "cut list" than Wittgren should be.  I get it if there were several guys right around the same level toward the "bottom" of the list of guys to keep, and you flip a coin, but show's you what I know I guess.

Hopefully it'll all make sense soon.

Let's be honest here.  If they don't do a deal before the expiration of this 7-day deadline, and Wittgren is lost, then it is incompetence.

So another pointless Frisaro article, not sure why I even clicked it.

Like I've said before, he's more for the people that don't really follow these things and just see "updates" every now and then.

MLB sending push notifications with it too "End game in sight for JT?"  It is clickbait.

It is clickbait.

Ehh, I dunno about that. We need to remember how many casual fans only get their news from the MLB app. This might be considered an update for them. Just saying that fans like us, in tune to every update every day, we're an exception.

Ehh, I dunno about that. We need to remember how many casual fans only get their news from the MLB app. This might be considered an update for them. Just saying that fans like us, in tune to every update every day, we're an exception.

I suppose that's true.

you're a fake fan

Someone previously had mentioned that maybe if the Padres got JT, it would be more likely that Machado or Harper would want to sign with them. I'm not sure that's exactly the domino effect. I think the Padres are looking at this as more of a package deal. If one shoes drop they'll be aggressive and complete the acquisitions. 

So as of right now, talks are in intensified stages for Realmuto with the Padres. And they just so happen to be meeting with Harper in Vegas later today or tomorrow. Padres are finding out exactly how much it would take to sign either Machado or Harper and what it would take to get Realmuto and then they'll decide if they pull the trigger and make a splash and get JT plus one of those two. If not I don't think they get any of them.

Someone previously had mentioned that maybe if the Padres got JT, it would be more likely that Machado or Harper would want to sign with them. I'm not sure that's exactly the domino effect. I think the Padres are looking at this as more of a package deal. If one shoes drop they'll be aggressive and complete the acquisitions. 

So as of right now, talks are in intensified stages for Realmuto with the Padres. And they just so happen to be meeting with Harper in Vegas later today or tomorrow. Padres are finding out exactly how much it would take to sign either Machado or Harper and what it would take to get Realmuto and then they'll decide if they pull the trigger and make a splash and get JT plus one of those two. If not I don't think they get any of them.

Yeah agreed. I think SD could end up doing nothing after all of this easily.