Realmuto traded to Phillies

Padres are now linked to Gio Gonzalez as well. They could take advantage of this buyers market and swoop in and make a slew of moves and get into the postseason talk real quick. 

Looking like they could add Machado or Harper along with Gio and JT. Think it gets done this weekend. Someone needs to blink... right?...

seinfeld-krameroutofthecontest.gif?w=650&key=75b1903adc2ca646dd1be84525d26743be639a8990ef33a765b3f0a191c9484e

From the Braves' MLB reporter Mark Bowman...

Whatever happens, it seems safe to say the Marlins have already overplayed their hand in an attempt to make up for what was not gained via last year's trades of Christian Yelich and Marcell Ozuna. My expectation is the return for Realmuto will not equal what Miami would have received had it dealt him in July or during the early portion of this offseason.

From the Braves' perspective, little has changed over the past six weeks. They've continued to check in to see if the cost has dropped or at least reached a point where it wouldn't include parting ways with a controllable everyday asset such as Ozzie Albies. Neither side has blinked and from my understanding, the two teams have not shared serious discussions since the first or second day of the Winter Meetings.

I don't think this guy understands what has gone on. I don't think the Marlins have overplayed their hand because teams are still calling. The Marlins have stopped asking for someone like Albies and the Braves aren't giving in but that doesn't mean other teams aren't giving in. Yes its safe to say the Marlins could have gotten more last summer but why would they get less now than they would have at the start of the offseason? And the recent rumors have shown that the demand is still there and teams are getting closer to giving in to the Marlins demands. Even if the Braves aren't the team to give in, someone else will. 

From the Braves' MLB reporter Mark Bowman...

I don't think this guy understands what has gone on. I don't think the Marlins have overplayed their hand because teams are still calling. The Marlins have stopped asking for someone like Albies and the Braves aren't giving in but that doesn't mean other teams aren't giving in. Yes its safe to say the Marlins could have gotten more last summer but why would they get less now than they would have at the start of the offseason? And the recent rumors have shown that the demand is still there and teams are getting closer to giving in to the Marlins demands. Even if the Braves aren't the team to give in, someone else will. 

This is what happens when a media member who has no clue what’s actually happening has to write something for interaction #’s. 

Hunter Greene, India, and a throw in. Give them Urena or Conley/Steck and let’s get this thing over with. 

We can't just throw in Urena.  That would be a big win for the Reds . Not that Urena is an ACE but he is a cpable #3 or #4 SP with alot of control left. In a normal MLB environment,  JT would fetch us those two alone. 

This is pretty funny to think about... Hill keeps getting calls from GMs trying to give him a shit return and he keeps telling them "Come on guys its not like that anymore I swear I'm allowed to ask for more now." 

This gave me a great Friday afternoon laugh. Even funnier, I wonder how close to true this may actually be. We're talking about Mike Hill and his appearances that often make him appear to be clueless.

Padres wont trade Tatis.  Guarantee.

Jerry Dipoto is probably calling up trying to get in on this action.

Actually if Dipoto likes Meija and there is someone from that organization that peeks the Marlin interest and they would prefer that could be a fun wrinkle. 

Who has honestly said Tatis would be part of this? 

Morosi mentioned him but it was more of a case of him listing San diego’s other top prospects besides Mejia. There’s zero evidence the marlins actually are holding out for him, I think it’s common knowledge he won’t be traded.