Marlins officially sign Mesa brothers

I think a lot of us figured the Cuban women were part of why they signed with the fish. Translator shouldn't change their words. It isn't like it is a bad thing to like Cuban women.

Exactly! The translator should do his job and say EXACTLY what the Mesas say! I thought that was funny. I know a little spanish, but not enough. 

I had to check out before this thing ended so maybe It was discussed and I missed it but I dont think VV is MLB ready just yet which means DDs number is safe 

I think Victor Victor starts the season in the big leagues. They did it with Brinson, and there’s more hype with this move. He’d have to be terrible in Spring Training to not make the team.

These signings show the front office is dead serious. International free agents are the most favorable risk/reward odds as have been proven for a few years now. For the front office to see this and not dick around is really cool to witness. These guys were also Cuban so they didn’t go past 6.6 million for the pissing contest against Baltimore. Everything was executed perfectly.  They even got the homer statue out of centerfield. LOL it was probably the deciding factor in the deal. I can just imagine a comedy skit w the Mesa brothers and a translator about the sculpture being part of the “handshake” deal  lol

I think Victor Victor starts the season in the big leagues. They did it with Brinson, and there’s more hype with this move. He’d have to be terrible in Spring Training to not make the team.

Brinson is two years older than Mesa.  Brinson was really good in spring training though.  So to your point if Mesa has a good spring he probably would be given a shot. The more I think about it contracts be damned I could see some logic in putting him on the team ASAP.  It would signal to other young IFAs that if you sit with Miami and you’re good enough you will play.  It will be interesting to see for sure