Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

SilverBullet

So, after calling and speaking directly to an agent, she confirmed they are out of stock, and the order was cancelled (even though it doesn't say anything about that on the site when I check my order status).  She said I could try reordering when it's in stock.  I asked how I'd know since it currently shows as available and will let me order right now.  She had no answer.  When asked about them honoring the sale price (as it was the only motivation for me to order through Lids) she said to order, call them, and if they could verify that it had been that price at some point, they'd honor it.  Not holding my breath on that one.

What a crap show.

What a tease.

Building suspense just like Jeter did.

I'll be revealing the outcome tonight or tomorrow.  But I won't tell you when.  It'll just be a surprise at a random time.

And I'll only reveal half of the promised reveal at first.  And do the full reveal hours later.

So, after calling and speaking directly to an agent, she confirmed they are out of stock, and the order was cancelled (even though it doesn't say anything about that on the site when I check my order status).  She said I could try reordering when it's in stock.  I asked how I'd know since it currently shows as available and will let me order right now.  She had no answer.  When asked about them honoring the sale price (as it was the only motivation for me to order through Lids) she said to order, call them, and if they could verify that it had been that price at some point, they'd honor it.  Not holding my breath on that one.

What a crap show.

The fact they are still selling it like it is available makes this seem like a pretty clear move to avoid the promo. I bet if you order one online right now without a coupon, they just will hold the order until they have a jersey or they'll ship it.

Sure, they MAY give it to you if you call in and ask, but they are banking on the fact most people will not do that. 

What a crap show.

What I don't understand is why is the order cancelled just because they're out of stock?  Why doesn't it just sit in "holding" until they do get more in stock, and then ship it out?  They'd just force the customer to have to keep looking until it's "in stock", when it currently says nothing about it being out of stock (you said it's technically available on the site now)?

I'd understand not taking NEW orders until they're back in stock, but ones that have already been ordered?

Stupid.

What I don't understand is why is the order cancelled just because they're out of stock?  Why does it just sit in "holding" until they do get more in stock, and then ship it out?  They'd just force the customer to have to keep looking until it's "in stock", when it currently says nothing about it being out of stock (you said it's technically available on the site now)?

I'd understand not taking NEW orders until they're back in stock, but ones that have already been ordered?

Stupid.

Cause it is a clear move to avoid the promotion. If it was an item paid for in full, I am 99% sure they would just hold it and wait because they've done it with other items in the past.

The fact they are still selling it like it is available makes this seem like a pretty clear move to avoid the promo. I bet if you order one online right now without a coupon, they just will hold the order until they have a jersey or they'll ship it.

Sure, they MAY give it to you if you call in and ask, but they are banking on the fact most people will not do that. 

I believe it is a way to avoid the discount as well.  Funny thing is, they have a promo code today only that gives a 30% discount.  I suppose I could give it a try since they never charged me for the first attempt.  It's also a pretty safe bet that most will not try again knowing that they've provided the worst customer service imaginable.  Not even an email.  Jerks.

I believe it is a way to avoid the discount as well.  Funny thing is, they have a promo code today only that gives a 30% discount.  I suppose I could give it a try since they never charged me for the first attempt.  It's also a pretty safe bet that most will not try again knowing that they've provided the worst customer service imaginable.  Not even an email.  Jerks.

What makes less sense is they shipped the one jersey though right?  So why was THAT one ok with the discount, but no the other?

What makes less sense is they shipped the one jersey though right?  So why was THAT one ok with the discount, but no the other?

Maybe the other one really is out of stock and it gives them a way out of the discount. Though again they normally would just place the order on hold. Who knows.

All marlins jerseys are excluded from this green Monday sale. Fuck lids. They tweeted me back to DM them when I put them on blast. I dm my order # and nada 

This is a really shady business tactic. If it was one person saying it, we could assume the customer was the problem. But, we have I think 5 already here and just imagine how many others who aren't here.

Much smaller discount on the hat obviously. I didn't even know the hats were ever on sale, or did you pay full price for that? $35 off the jersey.

There was a small discount on the hat.  I got it for $20.72 (reg. price $29.99).  

All marlins jerseys are excluded from this green Monday sale. Fuck lids. They tweeted me back to DM them when I put them on blast. I dm my order # and nada 

My first attempt to add the discount code said it wasn't available for the selected product.  Tried again and it was applied and took it from $100 to $70.

Much smaller discount on the hat obviously. I didn't even know the hats were ever on sale, or did you pay full price for that? $35 off the jersey.

the 35% only applied to the first 15 mins of the sale on hats(59fifty) , but if you're a Lids rewards pass member you get 20% 

Sorry, I may have been unclear.  My order was for a cap and a jersey.  The cap arrived, it was the jersey that was cancelled.

Oh, I thought you got two jerseys.  Maybe I was thinking of someone else.

It is very clear the new Marlins merch was never supposed to be discounted and they are trying their best to get out from under the error. A lot of the customers probably will just accept it when they see it was canceled and they'll move on.

Shitty thing to do by Lids.

Yeah, on the MLB shop, none of the discounts apply to any of the new stuff.

Building suspense just like Jeter did.

I'll be revealing the outcome tonight or tomorrow.  But I won't tell you when.  It'll just be a surprise at a random time.

And I'll only reveal half of the promised reveal at first.  And do the full reveal hours later.

Don't forget to start painting murals around your neighborhood hyping this up.

I got my second shirt, same design, one for me one for my wife, they came in different shipments and yes both shirts are missing the drop shadow on the last i.

Don't forget to start painting murals around your neighborhood hyping this up.

I got my second shirt, same design, one for me one for my wife, they came in different shipments and yes both shirts are missing the drop shadow on the last i.

Sounds like the new one will probably be wrong too then.  Makes sense when the picture on the website is missing it too.  Now I'll have to decide whether I can live with it or not.  I'm one of those people that'll be thinking about it, though....

Sorry, I may have been unclear.  My order was for a cap and a jersey.  The cap arrived, it was the jersey that was cancelled.

But I did order two jerseys and am getting one, with the discount, but not the other... so it IS possible to get the discounted jersey without a big hassle. 

I also don't understand how they're out of stock already. I'm sure demand is high but they clearly didn't order enough. And yes they shouldn't be cancelled orders, they should be kept on back order until they're restocked. 

I would be 100% certain it was a scam if I didn't get the one discounted jersey that I did get without any trouble. Since I got that I'm chalking all this up to incompetence more than anything else. 

Sounds like the new one will probably be wrong too then.  Makes sense when the picture on the website is missing it too.  Now I'll have to decide whether I can live with it or not.  I'm one of those people that'll be thinking about it, though....

My wife wore hers yesterday and I couldn't stop looking at the error. We were with other people and nobody else noticed it of course but I was sitting there with a twitch in my eye. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.