Reds acquired OFs Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp, LHP Alex Wood, C Kyle Farmer and cash from the Dodgers for RHP Homer Bailey, INF Jeter Downs and RHP Josi

Uncle Leo

Woah Homer Bailey is making 23M in 2019 and 25M in 2020... are the Dodgers even saving any money with this deal? Plus Dodgers are sending 7M to the Reds to cover Kemp's salary... I'm so confused. So the Dodgers gave up Kemp (21.5M), Alex Wood (Arb 3 - 8-10M?), Puig (Arb 3 - 9-10M?) so let's say 30-32M... But are getting back two solid prospects ... but also giving up 7M and taking on Homer bailey and his 23M... so basically it's a wash cash wise.

So the Dodgers gave up a year of Puig and Wood at around 9-10M for two prospects and international pool money.

Woah Homer Bailey is making 23M in 2019 and 25M in 2020... are the Dodgers even saving any money with this deal? Plus Dodgers are sending 7M to the Reds to cover Kemp's salary... I'm so confused. So the Dodgers gave up Kemp (21.5M), Alex Wood (Arb 3 - 8-10M?), Puig (Arb 3 - 9-10M?) so let's say 30-32M... But are getting back two solid prospects ... but also giving up 7M and taking on Homer bailey and his 23M... so basically it's a wash cash wise.

So the Dodgers gave up a year of Puig and Wood at around 9-10M for two prospects and international pool money.

Dodgers basically opened up RF for a certain outfielder. 

This was NOT about money in any way for the Dodgers.  

I can't even fathom what it must feel like to be a fan of a team that ALWAYS spends big and is always amongst the teams rumored to land the big name FA's.  It's like an entire second season in that respective sport for their fans.  I know a lot of fans are likely the bandwagon variety but I mean there are true lifelong fans too.  As much as I'd love to swap my loyalties out my heart wouldn't be in it and I'd still ultimately be drawn to the fate of the Marlins.