REAL FANS - Do we make Jeter suffer another year of us not attending?

I don't live in Florida anymore so I certainly won't be going to games.  This will also be year #2 that I won't be buying the MLB Extra Innings package to watch their games nor buying any new shirts, hats, etc.. I'll be following boxscores until they put a product on the field that wouldn't lose a series to a AA team.

I don't blame you for not getting an MLB Extra innings package, as they aren't worth watching.  But the merchandise is different to me - it'll be the same stuff when they're playing better/winning.  Does it really matter if you give them money now or later?

People don't understand the point of those on any platform apparently, same shit happens at reddit. The downvote isn't supposed to be used because you disagree with an opinion. It is supposed to be used if the post isn't contributing to the topic.

I downvoted this just because I disagree. ?

(yes, I'm kidding)

When does a team not overpay for a Free Agent #1 starter?

The Marlins are going to need either a #1 or a #2 in free agency in 2021.  

But you can *just* overpay (a reasonable overpay), or you can ridiculously overpay.  There's a difference.

See, people are already setting up the potential justification to not spend money in FA 3 years from now.  

We all want them to spend money.  But we don't see the sense in spending stupid money we don't have.  As has been pointed out, if the market for player X is 5/100, why should we advocate the team going 6/180?  Is that a good way to spend resources just so we can say they spent?

I don't blame you for not getting an MLB Extra innings package, as they aren't worth watching.  But the merchandise is different to me - it'll be the same stuff when they're playing better/winning.  Does it really matter if you give them money now or later?

The whole point is that I stopped giving them any money and I may never give them any money again unless they actually invest into the team.  It's going to take some "stupid" spending in the process too (notable FA's almost always are) but that's the hole they've dug themselves because the kids were awful last year and the team is likely to be even worse this upcoming season and I honestly feel their farm system is still pretty putrid despite all the trades and outside of JT - the cupboard is pretty barren as far as future tradeable talent goes. So yeah, i'm not giving them any money and don't plan on doing so going forward because I frankly trust this group even less than Loria's regime at this point - and if you could rewind the clock a few years and tell me I'd be saying that I'd be trying to Baker Act you.