REAL FANS - Do we make Jeter suffer another year of us not attending?

Mr. Wizard

For those of us that are true REAL FANS that know we got screwed with everything that Jeter and Sherman did. Like getting rid of our great developed players, got rid of Jack, Conine, Dawson and Perez and all the other things that pissed us off. We protested and kept our money and DID NOT go to any games, nor buy any merchandise, so what are your thoughts for doing the same or not this year?

For those of us that are true REAL FANS that know we got screwed with everything that Jeter and Sherman did. Like getting rid of our great developed players, got rid of Jack, Conine, Dawson and Perez and all the other things that pissed us off. We protested and kept our money and DID NOT go to any games, nor buy any merchandise, so what are your thoughts for doing the same or not this year?

Cool story. Welcome to the site.

True REAL FANS understand this is a rebuild and that it HAD TO BE DONE. There is none of this "just add two more pitchers" nonsense, there is no "but we had two MVPs on the field and another all-star." The latter one may be true, BUT WE DID NOT WIN WITH THEM. We had that trio for the better part of five years and every year had a losing record with no farm system as far as the eye could see. That doesn't work.

Thanks and have a great day.

Cool story. Welcome to the site.

True REAL FANS understand this is a rebuild and that it HAD TO BE DONE. There is none of this "just add two more pitchers" nonsense, there is no "but we had two MVPs on the field and another all-star." The latter one may be true, BUT WE DID NOT WIN WITH THEM. We had that trio for the better part of five years and every year had a losing record with no farm system as far as the eye could see. That doesn't work.

Thanks and have a great day.

Stats say our starting pitching was the issue. You don't win without starting pitching. Nice try though. 

There's no rebuild just recouping of their 1.2 billion investment. I don't trust these new York guys. I'm waiting to let Manfred know how I feel though lebatard did a good job of it. 

Sadly, I got saddled with paying last year so I was late to the party. But this year I plan to let my wallet be heard.

I’m buying merchendise.  I plan to attend as many games as my schedule will allow.  I’m going to spring training.  It’s baseball man.  Life’s too short to boycott baseball. 

Well sounds like this thread isn't intended for fake fans like me. 

Not sure how turning your back on something you supposedly love just because something didn't go your way makes you a real fan. To me that's the very definition of a bandwagon fan, therefore a fake fan.

Don't come back around if Jeter's plan works. 

Upon further review, I have decided to not be a real fan. I will be attending and watching games on TV this year. It takes a lot of dedication to sit home and flip a picture of Jeter off instead, so I'll never be a real fan.

I still think Fangraphs, and most other news organizations are going to pessimistic on the Marlins until something happens to prove them otherwise.

Personally I prefer our organization as it is today to what it was before Loria sold the team. 

Stats say our starting pitching was the issue

Yeah but nobody can ever say the 2 pitchers they should have added last off-season. They just say "they were 2 pitchers away".  The 2 pitchers to put that team over the top are nonexistent. At the time some said Darvish as one... yeah that would've been a wise move.

Personally I prefer our organization as it is today to what it was before Loria sold the team. 

Wtf man? Jeter pays over slot in the draft and signs the top international free agent in his first IFA period. Clearly he's a cheap fuck just like Loria and nothing has changed.

Wtf man? Jeter pays over slot in the draft and signs the top international free agent in his first IFA period. Clearly he's a cheap fuck just like Loria and nothing has changed.

I know right.

I'm crazy for thinking, maybe we should wait a few years to see if the marlins new in house prospect evaluations work.

I don't live in Florida anymore so I certainly won't be going to games.  This will also be year #2 that I won't be buying the MLB Extra Innings package to watch their games nor buying any new shirts, hats, etc.. I'll be following boxscores until they put a product on the field that wouldn't lose a series to a AA team.

I don't live in Florida anymore so I certainly won't be going to games.  This will also be year #2 that I won't be buying the MLB Extra Innings package to watch their games nor buying any new shirts, hats, etc.. I'll be following boxscores until they put a product on the field that wouldn't lose a series to a AA team.

You're a REAL FAN then according to the OP. Good work.

The problem with this thread is whole "the other side of this argument is dumb and anyone who argues it is an idiot" vibe. Part of the reason those of us who are not going to games anymore feel this way is that one of the first things Jeter did was to basically call anyone who disagreed with him an idiot. The Mesa brothers may be great one day - heck, the only thing keeping from me from wanting VVM to start Opening Day in CF is not wanting to start the clock - but virtually everybody the Marlins brought over in last years' fire sale stunk up the joint in a big way in '18. 

Last year they intentionally fielded a losing team and raised ticket prices. That's a very good way to lose business - and they did. They did make money, because you can sometimes make more money with a flop than with a hit. This year they did lower ticket prices, but until we have a team that tries to win, there's no way I'm going out of my way to bust my ass to get from north Broward to get down to the park by 7:15 at the earliest on a weekday like I did when I had my half-season package. My sister-in-law wants to go Opening Day, so I'll probably do that - or at least she did until they fired her friend's husband (who had a fairly high-profile job) via text, so maybe not. 

Everybody has their reasons for believing what they believe. Whether the Marlins should have been kept together for 2018 has no definitive answer, and I see the other side of this argument. But I'm not an idiot for thinking that Jeter has a long way to go to prove that he knows what he's doing, and I guarantee you I'll be betting the under on the Marlins again this year. 

I support him now even though I didn't support him in the beginning.