REAL FANS - Do we make Jeter suffer another year of us not attending?

You're a REAL FAN then according to the OP. Good work.

In reality all of us are "REAL FANS".  This board isn't big enough to accommodate trolls  - and let's be honest folks, if you call yourself a Marlins fan, you probably are a Marlins fan.  But yeah, if you aren't a true fan you're not going to hang out on this board.

#bipartisan

In reality all of us are "REAL FANS".  This board isn't big enough to accommodate trolls  - and let's be honest folks, if you call yourself a Marlins fan, you probably are a Marlins fan.  But yeah, if you aren't a true fan you're not going to hang out on this board.

#bipartisan

Of course, but I'm not the one who said some are real and some aren't. The starter of this topic did.

I think you and even DTrain are real fans. You can disagree with the moves made, and not go to games and still be a fan. Likewise, you can go to games and understand some decisions and still be a fan.

Of course, but I'm not the one who said some are real and some aren't. The starter of this topic did.

don't act that offended. you've called me a pretend fan and told me to go back to my own team's board.  C'mon now.

I know you're a fan.

I'm know I'm definitely a fan.

There are just two distinct "camps" right now. 

There are just two distinct "camps" right now. 

This is stupid though. There shouldn't be camps or sides. Every decision should be viewed on its own. Nobody should have a bias in either direction. I can like what Jeter or the Marlins do today, but not like what they do tomorrow or did yesterday.

I don't think the OP is playing around with his downvotes of everyone who disagrees with him. The dude is pretty belligerant. 

People don't understand the point of those on any platform apparently, same shit happens at reddit. The downvote isn't supposed to be used because you disagree with an opinion. It is supposed to be used if the post isn't contributing to the topic.

I'm sure whether I go or don't go doesn't really punish them, if season ticket holders walked away that would probably hurt, but short of that the attendance has been traditionally low so even that probably wouldn't have much effect.

That said, I really haven't looked at going to any MLB games this season, but will again attend games on the minor league level at Jax, Jupiter and the GCL, I already looked at those schedules!

People don't understand the point of those on any platform apparently, same shit happens at reddit. The downvote isn't supposed to be used because you disagree with an opinion. It is supposed to be used if the post isn't contributing to the topic.

I didn’t know that. Fascinating.  So I guess by definition you can’t downvote the original post 

I didn’t know that. Fascinating.  So I guess by definition you can’t downvote the original post 

Nobody seems to get it on any site, like I said it is a thing on reddit and always has been. You can have a fantastic post with 1,000 words describing in detail a person's POV and someone will downvote it just cause they disagree.

Yeah but nobody can ever say the 2 pitchers they should have added last off-season. They just say "they were 2 pitchers away".  The 2 pitchers to put that team over the top are nonexistent. At the time some said Darvish as one... yeah that would've been a wise move.

In free agency no. But there were plenty. Hey, Sherman overpaid for this team. Might as well have overpaid to get pitching in trade. But what's done is done. No sense in discussing it. 

In free agency no. But there were plenty. Hey, Sherman overpaid for this team. Might as well have overpaid to get pitching in trade. But what's done is done. No sense in discussing it. 

Who were they trading for difference making pitchers and which pitchers? Keep in mind that the team that was just a couple of pitchers away from the playoffs, had a losing record. You'd now have to subtract some key offense to possibly land a useful arm. since we know that farm system wasn't bringing in anything.

"No sense in discussing it" is the lame way out. For over a year now we have heard people like you say all they needed was pitching and not once has a person supplied any of us wondering the way that pitching was being added.

I’m buying merchendise.  I plan to attend as many games as my schedule will allow.  I’m going to spring training.  It’s baseball man.  Life’s too short to boycott baseball. 

I agree with all of this and I’m doing all of this. 

However, in my case (and maybe yours too), I don’t have blind faith in Sherman/Jeter.  

If they don’t spend money (substantial money to fill holes that will vault the team into the playoffs) by 2021, I’ll never enter the ballpark again nor will I watch games on TV.  I’ll root for a different team. 

I don’t have blind faith in Sherman/Jeter.

Nobody here that I'm aware of has blind faith in them, we choose to evaluate every decision individually. I know I have said "that was a bad decision on their part" multiple times. There are however a few people (not saying you) who have a blind hatred towards them and refuse to admit if they ever do anything right.

I guarantee you there will be people on this site that will justify the Marlins not spending money in 2021 (if that should happen).  

It’s in some people’s nature. 

Personally, at that point if they're not spending, I'm going to be a bit pissed, unless it's within reason. Like Free Agent A wants an 8 year $180 million deal but realistically is worth only 5/100, then fine. Smart spending is what I prefer. But yes, by then, they need to be spending something to improve the team.