REAL FANS - Do we make Jeter suffer another year of us not attending?

Because starting pitching is what we needed. How is that wrong?

What starting pitchers were they acquiring and how? If you're going to keep saying this BS, back it up somehow. Give names. It is easy to say they should do that, but nobody can say how they were doing it. Tell us how that losing team was going to turn into a winning team.

Who were they trading for difference making pitchers and which pitchers? Keep in mind that the team that was just a couple of pitchers away from the playoffs, had a losing record. You'd now have to subtract some key offense to possibly land a useful arm. since we know that farm system wasn't bringing in anything.

"No sense in discussing it" is the lame way out. For over a year now we have heard people like you say all they needed was pitching and not once has a person supplied any of us wondering the way that pitching was being added.

As I said, you don't trade.  You just spend more money. You can have cash involved with a trade. Win, then reevaluate or now can safely say, we tried and then blow it up like in 2005.

As I said, you don't trade.  You just spend more money. 

So you're saying they should have signed some free agent pitchers? I'm confused, the other day you said they should have traded for them. Which free agent pitchers were they signing to turn that team from a losing team into a winning team?

On 1/6/2019 at 1:27 PM, THRILLHO said:

I think Mr Wizard came here to turn us against each other.  His post is like Bart starting a run on the bank 

I really didn’t intend to pit fans against each other to argue. I really wanted opinions of wether any fans were going to go to he games or buy merchandise which give financial gains to the owners that tore down a team again. This time however we had really good players that if we had good pitching, we definitely would of had a playoff contender & we didn’t get a chance to see that. That is what I am upset about and so based on the history of OUR team I referred to those of us with have had enough & decided last year to boycott going to games and spending any of our hard earned money. It’s just like when you don’t like what is happening in your HOA that you don’t like. There are people that GIVE A SHIT and express their opinions and go to the meetings to do some thing about it,(Real Fansj and then there are those that just go with whatever is going on (Fake fans)nuthatch don’t do anything so nothing good gets changed for the betterment of the community.

Yes, ALL of us are fans and the Marlins are our team and we all really want the team to succeed, however as all of you know, we keep getting screwed no matter what owner we have. In this case, to be smart about it you would not support the team with your money. Hey, nothing wrong with watching games or listening to games to see what we might have for down the road. I did last year.

i just feel that if you were a Real fan that you would feel like me and not financially support Jeter and company until they actually gives us a playoff team. After all they are the guys with more money than we will ever have and get richer off of us.

The bottom line is I wanted to find out that that if you boycotted like I did last year and not spend anything to support them, was this the year that you go back to being the fan you were or do you stay out and not financially support them for a 2nd year.

What starting pitchers were they acquiring and how? If you're going to keep saying this BS, back it up somehow. Give names. It is easy to say they should do that, but nobody can say how they were doing it. Tell us how that losing team was going to turn into a winning team.

Just because you drink the sherman koolaid doesn't make it BS. You want a name, pick one.  How you do it. Spend on it! You don't need to give up players you can give cash as well. I explained in a prior post they overpaid for this team. They spend money on players. The fact is they won't.  They did this deal. Winning be dammed.

Article: A warning about Major League Baseball’s Revenue

http://flip.it/U2svb7

So you're saying they should have signed some free agent pitchers? I'm confused, the other day you said they should have traded for them. Which free agent pitchers were they signing to turn that team from a losing team into a winning team?

Um, so according to you you trade for cash? Never seen those deals? Well, let me introduce you to the world of tradea for "cash considerations"

Just because you drink the sherman koolaid doesn't make it BS. You want a name, pick one.  How you do it. Spend on it! You don't need to give up players you can give cash as well. I explained in a prior post they overpaid for this team. They spend money on players. The fact is they won't.  They did this deal. Winning be dammed.

Article: A warning about Major League Baseball’s Revenue

http://flip.it/U2svb7

That isn't how it works. If you're going to claim they could sign a couple pitchers and turn a loser int a winner, you're the one that has to name names. I already said the pitchers didn't exist to make that happen, it wasn't a realistic option. You are the one that thinks it is possible.

Um, so according to you you trade for cash? Never seen those deals? Well, let me introduce you to the world of tradea for "cash considerations"

So they should have traded cash for players? What teams were going to send a valuable useful pitcher to the Marlins for cash? Remember, it has to be a good pitcher or actually multiple good pitchers to turn a losing team into a winning team.

That isn't how it works. If you're going to claim they could sign a couple pitchers and turn a loser int a winner, you're the one that has to name names. I already said the pitchers didn't exist to make that happen, it wasn't a realistic option. You are the one that thinks it is possible.

Says you but Ill give you names. Mike Fiers, Bretton anderson, and Matt harvey.

So they should have traded cash for players? What teams were going to send a valuable useful pitcher to the Marlins for cash? Remember, it has to be a good pitcher or actually multiple good pitchers to turn a losing team into a winning team.

Teams that want cash. Your problem us you seem to think it's all about winning. It's not. But because you're only looking at it from a fan's perspective you only see that.

I'm hoping even the #FuckJeter crowd can agree with me on this one. Trading cash for make believe pitchers was not a realistic option. It has nothing to do with anyone being "cheap" it just isn't something that could have happened.

That's funny. I didn't know those picthers didn't exist. News to time. And why do you need others to validate your position? Can't stand on your own? FYI, since day 1 since I joined I could care less what others say so not sure where you'you're going with that. And why bring up the #fuckjeter crowd? 

I'm hoping even the #FuckJeter crowd can agree with me on this one. Trading cash for make believe pitchers was not a realistic option. It has nothing to do with anyone being "cheap" it just isn't something that could have happened.

These trades happen in baseball. 

There are people that GIVE A SHIT and express their opinions and go to the meetings to do some thing about it,(Real Fansj and then there are those that just go with whatever is going on (Fake fans)nuthatch don’t do anything so nothing good gets changed.

I just feel that if you were a Real fan that you would feel like me and not financially support Jeter and company until they actually gives us a playoff team. After all they are the guys with more money than we will ever have and get richer off of us.

Thanks for finally giving an explanation to your original post because it came off a little wild at first.

I just don't agree with your idea that those of us who support Jeter are fake fans. I definitely give a shit about what's going on... I absolutely do not just go along with whatever they do automatically. It actually offends me that anyone would think that. Maybe I really do agree with Jeter and am not just blindly following his every move?

You cannot say that real fans aren't allowed to support them until a winner comes along. That's called a bandwagon fan. I'd rather be here though the bad so that it means something when I'm there for the good and so that I know I'm not only there for the good. We do not have to share your opinion to be considered real fans.