All 5 players avoid arbitration

Admin

This doesn't prevent moving a player, this isn't like signing a guy to a free agent contract, this is just agreeing upon a salary for the season.

In fact this would be the only way to move him. Marlins had two options, offer arby or non-tender him back a few weeks ago. Non-tendering of course meaning he would be lost for nothing.

Does this mean anything? Like now that all the teams know what they are spending can teams go do the final things there are going to do?

Doesn't change anything. They had ideas of the numbers beforehand so the estimates were likely close. This just means no arbitration hearings which is good because those can sometimes lead to animosity between the team and players.

Doesn't change anything. They had ideas of the numbers beforehand so the estimates were likely close. This just means no arbitration hearings which is good because those can sometimes lead to animosity between the team and players.

Okay. Cool I guess. We still could move all, or none of these guys. Or anyone else on the roster. So nothing is or is not going to happen today because we avoided arbitration. oh well, back just refreshing my twitter feed in hopes something happens.

Almost surprised Realmuto didn't go to arbitration for the heck of it. He already said he wants out so what risk is there in going to arbitration with this team?

So he'll probably get 10-12 million next year in arby if he isn't signed longterm beforehand. 5/80 would have been more than fair.

I didn't think we'd even get to 2019 with JT still on the roster but at some point you have to wonder if revisiting the extension is ever gonna be a possiblity again. Say he finishes 2019 still with the Marlins... might he be more open to an extension next offseason?

I didn't think we'd even get to 2019 with JT still on the roster but at some point you have to wonder if revisiting the extension is ever gonna be a possiblity again. Say he finishes 2019 still with the Marlins... might he be more open to an extension next offseason?

It would probably depend on the progress of the team.  If the team does better than expected, maybe he likes where things are headed and changes his mind?  Otherwise, I don't think so.  If anything, being so close to free agency, he may just want to wait it out and see what he'll get on the open market.

It would probably depend on the progress of the team.  If the team does better than expected, maybe he likes where things are headed and changes his mind?  Otherwise, I don't think so.  If anything, being so close to free agency, he may just want to wait it out and see what he'll get on the open market.

Oh yeah didn't think about his impending free agency. Yeah the peak chance to get him to agree to anything was at any point in 2018. Pretty sure that ship has sailed.