Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Kevin Pillar suspended 2 games for homophobic slur

Arpenschplat    902
Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

In this case it's the same thing. Pillar wasn't trying to harm the LBGT community, he was upset at Motte and threw out some strong language. That's it. 

It's completely worthless to argue about this.  I'm here to talk about the Marlins.  That's why I don't delve into the shitheaded political forum on here.  The word is inherently intended to disparage the LGBT community, and anyone who didn't mean it the way it was intended wouldn't have the word in his or her vocabulary to begin with.

SilverBullet1929    8,671
1 minute ago, Arpenschplat said:

It's completely worthless to argue about this.  I'm here to talk about the Marlins.  That's why I don't delve into the shitheaded political forum on here.  The word is inherently intended to disparage the LGBT community, and anyone who didn't mean it the way it was intended wouldn't have the word in his or her vocabulary to begin with.

I'm not arguing with you. You posted in this thread so I figured you wanted to discuss this and you responded to and disagreed with my post so the next step was for me to discuss this with you. It's what we do here. If you don't wanna discuss this then don't post in this thread. 

With that said, you really think during that at bat Kevin Pillars mind was on how he can disparage the LBGT community? When Motte threw the quick pitch I'm sure Pillar immediately thought "oh hey here's a great time for me to disparage every gay person watching this game!" 

Arpenschplat    902
3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm not arguing with you. You posted in this thread so I figured you wanted to discuss this and you responded to and disagreed with my post so the next step was for me to discuss this with you. It's what we do here. If you don't wanna discuss this then don't post in this thread. 

With that said, you really think during that at bat Kevin Pillars mind was on how he can disparage the LBGT community? When Motte threw the quick pitch I'm sure Pillar immediately thought "oh hey here's a great time for me to disparage every gay person watching this game!" 

He obviously wasn't intending to get up on a podium and address the LGBT community as lesser than he is, but in practice, that's what he was doing.  There is no other application of that word.  You're absolutely right that it was something he yelled in the heat of the moment and didn't think too much about, but why was that his go-to?  Why is that in his lexicon?  If he viewed members of the LGBT community as equal to himself, he wouldn't use the word.  It's no different from someone yelling "nigger" in a similar scenario.

CoastieMike    1,066

It's not a big deal to us average Joe's because we aren't in the spotlight 24/7 like the pros are. 

They're has to be some sort of discipline because then it comes down on MLB and the Blue Jays from the LGBTABCDEFG community because somebody will make a big ordeal about it and complain and stage a protest, etc.

Same thing in NFL/NBA where its predominantly black, refs have been giving unsportsmanlike/technicals for the use of the world nigga, which is widely popular in the black culture, but if you asked someone they would reference it to calling someone "bro" or "dude". Obviously not as strong as the word Pillar used, but someone will complain, because's unfortunately thats how people are these days.

Good move by MLB to avoid potential problems.

Piazza31    749

15 hours ago, The One said:

Liberals have to stop being offended so easily. He didn't mean anything by it, the word can have more than one use. Even some LGBQTIDJEIND+ people said they weren't offended and they knew it wasn't his intent.

That's rich coming from you lol. 

RIP16    122

***Just clarifying my previous post is a movie quote alluding to homophobia in hip hop culture, if anyone was offended by it. Should have made it clearer.