Sign in to follow this  
The One

This latest Trump-Russia leak smells like a coup attempt

squall    68
Just now, Dr Beinfest said:

Not sure what you mean. 

My mini theory there was that the Russians tried to get Clinton out of the way, and now they're trying to create turmoil for Trump (much easier than it would've been against Clinton). They disrupt our system, get what they want, and move forward while we waddle in circles. 

Who knows. I don't really care, tbh. 

Someone was leaking before Trump was inaugurated and continued to do so during the transition. That person cannot possibly be placed in Trump's camp by Russia. They would have been there during Obama's terms. Maybe before. Who knows. It's much more likely the leaker(s) are just pissed off people. 

Russia attempts to influence our and other nations elections all the time, just like the US does. The funniest part is that I doubt this is going to plan the way they imagined. Comey influenced the election more than they ever could have. It's been the US media and specific members of government who have done much more harm than Russia ever imagined. Getting Trump elected is also questionable as their end goal. That would have been a laughable when they would have started their influence operation. IMO Russia didn't really do shit besides the DNC breach. They attempted the same with the RNC. Other than that it was the democrats fucking over Bernie, who would have won, and shitting the bed with clinton because she's awful. 

Dr Beinfest    1,205

By "not doing shit" I think you're neglecting the propaganda campaigns that are far less about hacks and far more about disinformation. But yes I would agree that Comey/DNC played a far bigger role in that slop of an election. 

In regards to leaks, you are working on the assumption that an individual is leaking info. I was more or less suggesting maybe that wasn't the case. 

squall    68
6 minutes ago, Dr Beinfest said:

By "not doing shit" I think you're neglecting the propaganda campaigns that are far less about hacks and far more about disinformation. But yes I would agree that Comey/DNC played a far bigger role in that slop of an election. 

In regards to leaks, you are working on the assumption that an individual is leaking info. I was more or less suggesting maybe that wasn't the case. 

My post says leaker(s). Easy to miss though. It just doesn't make sense to have Russian plant in Trumps administration. The leaks and timelines don't add up. If the leaker(s) are Russian ops, they would have had to have been there before Trump's win. 

Propaganda campaigns and disinformation...such as?

Dr Beinfest    1,205
10 minutes ago, squall said:

My post says leaker(s). Easy to miss though. It just doesn't make sense to have Russian plant in Trumps administration. The leaks and timelines don't add up. If the leaker(s) are Russian ops, they would have had to have been there before Trump's win. 

Propaganda campaigns and disinformation...such as?

I see now, my apologies. But prior to that, I was referring to Russia having something other than feet on the ground (perhaps a listening in on communications). 

The disinformation I'm referring to was "fake news," ie that thing that the right ironically points to the left with. It's been documented that the Russians indeed pushed both real and fake news across social media to guide the results of the election. 

squall    68
Just now, Dr Beinfest said:

I see now, my apologies. But prior to that, I was referring to Russia having something other than feet on the ground (perhaps a listening in on communications). 

The disinformation I'm referring to was "fake news," ie that thing that the right ironically points to the left with. It's been documented that the Russians indeed pushed both real and fake news across social media to guide the results of the election. 

Russia, the Us, even North Korea attempts to or listens in on communication. We especially know the NSA can, thanks to leaks about their tools. Literally anything with a microphone and internet connection. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Russia has these tools, since they can develop them or because our tools were leaked onto the internet by contractors. Again, things that would have happened before Trump took office.

It's also been documented that the result of the election cannot be attributed to Russian efforts. 

Fake news isn't new. The only thing new is how strong it's been branded. What is new is the proliferation of internet use and social media. There is fake shit online all the time. There is fake shit in person all over the place. People have been able to decipher or make up their own minds since communication started. 

Also, all nations do this type of propaganda, especially the US. This is hardly anything new. What is new is the media's and left inability to take a loss.

• Like 1