Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Cash Me On TV, Howbowdah?

SonOfJack    31
1 minute ago, DTrain said:

The old Marlins jerseys are just a sore subject for me. I likely react to strongly about it. 

When I see someone at Marlins Park wearing a teal Marlins jersey or shirt I immediately think one of two things:

-this person goes to one Marlins game or less per year 

or

-this person hates the new uniforms and is wearing teal as some sort of protest

*I'm aware SongInTheAir is at Dodgers Stadium in this photo. 

Pretty ignorant ways to think really. I own a bunch of the old stuff and also own the new stuff. I would proudly wear either one.

• Like 1

Piazza31    749
2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Pretty ignorant ways to think really. I own a bunch of the old stuff and also own the new stuff. I would proudly wear either one.

I don't think it's ignorant- face it jack- me and you are in the minority. 

I like my old school stuff, but I love the new colors and the actual use of colors after being Rockies or White Sox lite for years. 

Most people wear the old teal as a protest- in one way or another, or they just don't want to buy something new and support the new owner. 

SilverBullet1929    8,671

DTrain is generally right though. I mean it's not always the case but the two scenarios he mentioned are very common when you see the old gear at Marlins Park. Either it's a protest and they refuse to wear the new stuff or they literally haven't gone to a game in the last decade so they just grabbed their old Marlins stuff from the corner of their closet and just wore that, and might not even realize that the team has changed their look.