Sign in to follow this  
Jokersgoon

Marlins Trade Rumors

If new ownership wants to spend. a rebuild is unnecessary.  As long as they are smart about it (unlike the 2012 Marlins)

4 minutes ago, EricWiener said:

If new ownership wants to spend. a rebuild is unnecessary.  As long as they are smart about it (unlike the 2012 Marlins)

Well, if they want to spend, the majority of that money spent on payroll wouldn't be coming from the team's revenue. That seems like a bad business decision.

Buying an entire rotation on the open market as Free Agents is probably one of the absolutely stupidest things you can do.

Which is why I guess its Mike Hill's modus operaudus.  

Marlins dont really have a choice but to rebuild.  There arent enough quality starters on the market that will make a difference and they dont have the necessary resources to acquire the starters they need.

Jose Fernandez killing himself like a fucking immature idiot because he couldnt be controlled is really fucking this franchise, tbh.  Those are the arms you have to develop and build around.

Now you really have no choice but to break it down and start over (not with this group, they are too inept).  I hope hte new owner comes in, announces a 5 year plan, tears it down to the studs and then builds a 10 year winner.

3 hours ago, el penguino said:

Well, if they want to spend, the majority of that money spent on payroll wouldn't be coming from the team's revenue. That seems like a bad business decision.

It's a very expensive gamble, yes. I wouldn't do it. But then again I wouldn't buy a professional sports team anyways because it's a bad business decision. 

Buy a rotation. Assemble a pen. The only acceptable outcome is a ws win. Miss the mark and go full rebuild. It would cost the new owner like 80 mil. Maybe someone who's dumb enough to buy the Marlins is dumb enough to roll the dice. 

It would be more exciting to see than a rebuild anyways. 

Buying a rotation is generally the worst business decision a small market team can make.

Look at how much the Marlins pissed away at Chen and Volquez.

1 hour ago, el penguino said:

Buying a rotation is generally the worst business decision a small market team can make.

Look at how much the Marlins pissed away at Chen and Volquez.

Not every FA SP signing would got the BAD RESULTS,you got the good luck and the bad luck.

1 hour ago, squall said:

It's a very expensive gamble, yes. I wouldn't do it. But then again I wouldn't buy a professional sports team anyways because it's a bad business decision. 

Buy a rotation. Assemble a pen. The only acceptable outcome is a ws win. Miss the mark and go full rebuild. It would cost the new owner like 80 mil. Maybe someone who's dumb enough to buy the Marlins is dumb enough to roll the dice. 

It would be more exciting to see than a rebuild anyways. 

Yea,it's always be the money of the owner and not us,I just don't know why everyone here would always acted like their financial planner,if they want to spend than just let them do it,remember,it's not our money.