ESPN Spring Training Preview/Excitement level for each team

SilverBullet

This is the type of write that fuels the rest of idiots to take more cheap shots at the Marlins, @SilverBullet you're right Orioles, Mariners and Royals fans have a better rating because they have real fanz  I guess

Actually if I'm a Royals fan I'm fairly intrigued to see what team does.

They are trying a semi throw back to the 80s approach with speed pretty much everywhere.  

The Ozuna trade was great from my side.

We gave up a piece we were going to make into a bullpen arm (and we have tons of young starters)

An outfielder we had no real place for.

And a couple of lesser prospects.

About as fruitful as the Goldy trade this winter, tbh.

And in 2018, that got the Cardinals, what, an extra three weeks compared to the Marlins in terms of being "in the hunt?"

I'm most interested/excited to see Victor Victor play. Also hoping to see some good play from Brinson and Monte. I also want to see Yamamoto pitch a little. I understand why those names wouldn't be exciting to a national audience but personally speaking. It is odd for them to highlight Neil Walker, but I've stopped caring what they think cause it is what it is.

Yamamoto dominated in afl is he coming to Spring Training? 

Wait til 2019 plays out.  The trade wasnt just for 2018 you know right?  

Yes I do know. And I believe Ozuna will have a better 2019 than 2018, somewhere between 17 and 18 in his stat-line, and Goldschmidt so long as he stays on his normal pace, Cards will make the playoffs. But y'know. ❤️ 

If Alcantara builds off what he did in September it is gonna be real fun to watch him pitch. In 2020 we could be seeing him a Sixto as the 1,2. Another guy I wanna see would be Neidert who could be a really solid 3/4 pitcher.

But what about our ace Urena?!?!?!

Also - 18 walks from Sandy in just 29 innings in September kinda scares me a little.

I feel we have promising young pitchers. Sixto Alcántara Lopez Richards Urena niedert. And who knows about some of the others like Garrett Rogers or gallen. 

Urena finished the season last year very strong. If that’s a sign of things to come he can be a solid pitcher for us. 

Caleb Smith?  I guess he's not promising and not young. I hope he can come back strong once he comes off the DL, or whatever they decide to call it. He showed pretty good and was one of the few positives last season.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.