Marlins have 13th best system

If I told you 2 years ago that Brian Anderson would have the highest projected WAR on the Marlins including pitchers  (2.1), who here would have said HAIL FAWK NAW?

If I didn't know the value would be 2.1 and assuming all else stayed equal going into that season, I'd have said, "ROTY/MVP?"

Brian Anderson in RF last year was incredible defensively. I am hopeful he can do just as good with a full season. Seems his biggest issue has been airing out the throws on routine plays.

Frisaro has Brinson projected to bat leadoff again this year. He should be down 6-7 instead.

Brian Anderson in RF last year was incredible defensively. I am hopeful he can do just as good with a full season. Seems his biggest issue has been airing out the throws on routine plays.

Frisaro has Brinson projected to bat leadoff again this year. He should be down 6-7 instead.

I am in favor of trying him at leadoff to begin the year, lets see what happens.

I am in favor of trying him at leadoff to begin the year, lets see what happens.

But we already did. Last year. Granted if he has a nice Spring again I would be all for it. But if you are gonna have Granderson be in the line up also then he would be a better bet.

But we already did. Last year. Granted if he has a nice Spring again I would be all for it. But if you are gonna have Granderson be in the line up also then he would be a better bet.

You just said in the other thread you think Granderson is done and will be DFA'd and now you want him to bat leadoff?

I know Brinson sucked most of last year, but 2019 is a new year. Try him at leadoff and see what happens.

I’d really like them to let Anderson lead off, followed by Granderson vs RH and Castro vs LH. Each offers a little more pop/speed to 1st than Anderson. If I had to guess, those are the two that leadoff with Anderson batting 2nd or 3rd. 

You just said in the other thread you think Granderson is done and will be DFA'd and now you want him to bat leadoff?

I know Brinson sucked most of last year, but 2019 is a new year. Try him at leadoff and see what happens.

Granderson has shown the ability to get on base with the walk, at least he has that. I said if you are going to have both in the Lineup then it would be better if Granderson would lead off. Granderson should certainly be a 4th outfielder if anything but it looks like he will at the very least be platooning against RHP. Garrett Cooper should get his share of at-bats as well against LHP.

We begin a new season and Brinson has been working on things. I am sure Mattingly is gonna give him every opportunity to win the job outright in CF and place him in different spots of the lineup. I am by no means writing Brinson off. I really hope he pans out. He wouldn't want the future projected outfield of Mesa, Harrison, and Brinson to pan out?