3/28 Opening Day Post Game Thread

SilverBullet

Seriously can't believe how much these announcers are talking about how well Urena pitched in Sept and making it sound like that should have tied into today. That was SIX MONTHS AGO. Mention it in passing on the pregame but don't act like there should be any correlation between today and his starts last September. 

Seriously can't believe how much these announcers are talking about how well Urena pitched in Sept and making it sound like that should have tied into today. That was SIX MONTHS AGO. Mention it in passing on the pregame but don't act like there should be any correlation between today and his starts last September. 

When do we play the Braves? He obviously needs to hit Acuna again.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but I sat in the "comunicad 305" section (right field) and it was a fucking shit show! Not only do they let people bring instruments and noise makers, but there were TWO bands sitting in there. Some old cuban guys the marlins paid to be there called the "marlins pachanga band" (they are pandering so much to the hispanics that even I'm starting to get offended lol) and a middle school band that apparently started learning their instruments last week cause they were terrible. And both bands were playing different things at the same time, people making noise with maracas, bubuzelas (spelling?), and other instruments. It was just a cacophony of nonsense that I could only take before leaving to walk around in the 5th to get away from it. Other people left clearly annoyed. I brought it up to my season tickets rep and some marlins reps that were there, they're having a meeting tomorrow and they're going to address it. they're trying to hard to make it always feel like a "party" that it makes it impossible to just sit down and enjoy the game. Crazy annoying!

i was seating in 300 section behind home plate was co;d as ice i told them need make it a bit less cold  jose Urena have same issue as last year opener giving up hits one inning were marlins could not get back in game bullpen did ok keep at 6 run but we came alive bit too late too do any damage we not team have hitting too get back from 6-0 score i feel going long season ahead in growing pain other thing i see that park have good crowd for home opener but how team play not sure if crowd will keep coming

Not sure if it was mentioned, but I sat in the "comunicad 305" section (right field) and it was a fucking shit show! Not only do they let people bring instruments and noise makers, but there were TWO bands sitting in there. Some old cuban guys the marlins paid to be there called the "marlins pachanga band" (they are pandering so much to the hispanics that even I'm starting to get offended lol) and a middle school band that apparently started learning their instruments last week cause they were terrible. And both bands were playing different things at the same time, people making noise with maracas, bubuzelas (spelling?), and other instruments. It was just a cacophony of nonsense that I could only take before leaving to walk around in the 5th to get away from it. Other people left clearly annoyed. I brought it up to my season tickets rep and some marlins reps that were there, they're having a meeting tomorrow and they're going to address it. they're trying to hard to make it always feel like a "party" that it makes it impossible to just sit down and enjoy the game. Crazy annoying!

Good feedback here. They have to address why this atmosphere worked for the WBC but didn't work out here. Wondering what they'll do. 

Despite the result, opening day way overall very fun (obviously because it’s baseball).  Some observations:

1. The only real complaint I have, which is a holdover from last year, is the assault on my ears.  The audio is too loud.  The choice in music/sound effects/etc doesn’t not feel like baseball.  I know they’re trying to be “Miami” and appeal to a younger audience, but they need to make it still feel like a baseball game.  You walk into a baseball stadium and it looks like baseball, but it needs to sound like baseball too.  I’m all for infusing moments that are not typical ballpark soundtracks, but it can’t be constant.  You still need the core of the audio to be that of a typical baseball game.  People talk about the sights, smells, and sounds of a ballpark experience.  It is crucial and I feel like the Marlins are doing a poor job in that regard.

2. The visual changes are all outstanding.  The blue walls, concourse changes, outfield redesign….everything.  Visually everything was terrific.

3. All the new gear looks great on people in the stands.  The uniforms really don’t matter when you are at the ballpark.  When I got home I did watch a recording of the game for 15 minutes just to get a sense of how they look under the lit closed roof.  They’re fine really. 

4. Four hits…three of which are home runs…not great.

5. Urena couldn’t really work out of that jam which wasn’t entirely self inflicted.

6. As @marlinsmaniac noted there was a battle of the bands, but the impact he described didn’t bleed over very far.  I was sitting along the line in right field fairly close to that corner and while there were some moments where the music was heard, it wasn’t overbearing.  The group the team hired needs to learn more than Ricky Martin songs.

7. The players greeting at the entrance is a nice touch which my kid enjoyed very much. 

8. I saw Chip Bowers on my way out examining traffic patterns leaving the stadium.

Despite the result, opening day way overall very fun (obviously because it’s baseball).  Some observations:

1. The only real complaint I have, which is a holdover from last year, is the assault on my ears.  The audio is too loud.  The choice in music/sound effects/etc doesn’t not feel like baseball.  I know they’re trying to be “Miami” and appeal to a younger audience, but they need to make it still feel like a baseball game.  You walk into a baseball stadium and it looks like baseball, but it needs to sound like baseball too.  I’m all for infusing moments that are not typical ballpark soundtracks, but it can’t be constant.  You still need the core of the audio to be that of a typical baseball game.  People talk about the sights, smells, and sounds of a ballpark experience.  It is crucial and I feel like the Marlins are doing a poor job in that regard.

2. The visual changes are all outstanding.  The blue walls, concourse changes, outfield redesign….everything.  Visually everything was terrific.

3. All the new gear looks great on people in the stands.  The uniforms really don’t matter when you are at the ballpark.  When I got home I did watch a recording of the game for 15 minutes just to get a sense of how they look under the lit closed roof.  They’re fine really. 

4. Four hits…three of which are home runs…not great.

5. Urena couldn’t really work out of that jam which wasn’t entirely self inflicted.

6. As @marlinsmaniac noted there was a battle of the bands, but the impact he described didn’t bleed over very far.  I was sitting along the line in right field fairly close to that corner and while there were some moments where the music was heard, it wasn’t overbearing.  The group the team hired needs to learn more than Ricky Martin songs.

7. The players greeting at the entrance is a nice touch which my kid enjoyed very much. 

8. I saw Chip Bowers on my way out examining traffic patterns leaving the stadium.

haha so number 4 for me was a positive. I expect this team to be an all or nothing type offense. A handful of guys in the lineup will make very little contact and so it's nice to see them making the most of the contact they made. Rojas, Prado, even Castro to some extent aren't really going to hit a lot of extra base hits, so they are pretty much a 1 in three chance to get on. For us to be successful the other guys are gong to have to hit XBH. If more than half our hits are extra base hits we will win a lot of games.

haha so number 4 for me was a positive. I expect this team to be an all or nothing type offense. A handful of guys in the lineup will make very little contact and so it's nice to see them making the most of the contact they made. Rojas, Prado, even Castro to some extent aren't really going to hit a lot of extra base hits, so they are pretty much a 1 in three chance to get on. For us to be successful the other guys are gong to have to hit XBH. If more than half our hits are extra base hits we will win a lot of games.

you know I hanged my mind...you're right.  Especially considering the game is currently very much focused on true outcomes it would stand to reason that you'd see days like this.  Also worth noting that Brinson made good contact a couple of times, as did Cooper.  The one single wasn't great contact.

I'm curious how was the wait times at the concessions. Last season they had people timing this and said they would work on this but that one stuck out at me because I can't imagine any way to realistically improve that so I would love to know if anything was done.

I feel like holding judgment on concession wait times.  It is opening day and there were probably a lot of new employees getting comfortable with handling crowds.  I saw a lot of long lines.  In the middle of the game.  I got there early and got food way before the game started with no problem.  During middle inning bathroom breaks the concourses were crowded with lines from the concessions.  Around the sixth inning or so I made a trip to get more food and the wait time was long.  The person who ended up taking my order didn’t know what she was doing.  But like I said, probably first day on the job sort of thing so I wasn’t that bothered by it.  Also, the Marlins never get crowds that size…not to say they shouldn’t be able to handle it.  For me the wait time was longer than I’d like but I’m accustomed to attending games with sparse crowds so I don’t know what normal looks like.

I feel like holding judgment on concession wait times.  It is opening day and there were probably a lot of new employees getting comfortable with handling crowds.  I saw a lot of long lines.  In the middle of the game.  I got there early and got food way before the game started with no problem.  During middle inning bathroom breaks the concourses were crowded with lines from the concessions.  Around the sixth inning or so I made a trip to get more food and the wait time was long.  The person who ended up taking my order didn’t know what she was doing.  But like I said, probably first day on the job sort of thing so I wasn’t that bothered by it.  Also, the Marlins never get crowds that size…not to say they shouldn’t be able to handle it.  For me the wait time was longer than I’d like but I’m accustomed to attending games with sparse crowds so I don’t know what normal looks like.

Yep very true. Still wondering what they're thinking though. You could have the best food service business in the world with the shortest wait times but if 50 people line up at once there's no way wait times won't be long. Just seems like a no win situation. 

i want to were 305 menu marlins lady didn't know about 305 menu  she was thinking i wanted 3 hotdog when i was talking about price  was good see menu that was not 6 dollar hotdog and 4 dollar soda i got soda and  hotdog for 6 dollar 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.