Mike Pagliarulo fired

DTrain

Why doesn't that sound like a horrible idea?

On an unrelated rate, I’ve actually never understood why coaches are always old has beens. Why isn’t it given to a current player who maybe isn’t great but at least has a more current approach. There’s no way these old coaches are too techy or analytical. Seems odd but idk, not really sure why it’s not a thing. Your manager at work can be your same age and it isn’t weird, not sure why it’s not like that in sports lol.

I'm really not sure how you justify firing a hitting coach with an offense that is this historically bad. It's not like the team expected to be competitive. It would be different if our record was like this and we still had Stanton/Yelich/Ozuna/Realmuto/Gordon.

I'm really not sure how you justify firing a hitting coach with an offense that is this historically bad.

You don't accept being historically bad. Its possible a change in coaching can improve the results. Nobody is saying they'll suddenly become great but you also don't say "this team sucks it's ok to be horrible." You look for coaches who can make the best even out of this limited team. You've never noticed in school how different teachers can teach the same subject differently? 

On an unrelated rate, I’ve actually never understood why coaches are always old has beens. Why isn’t it given to a current player who maybe isn’t great but at least has a more current approach. There’s no way these old coaches are too techy or analytical. Seems odd but idk, not really sure why it’s not a thing. Your manager at work can be your same age and it isn’t weird, not sure why it’s not like that in sports lol.

Good point. I'd expect this to change more over time. We're already seeing more young coaches and managers at all levels of the game. 

Good point. I'd expect this to change more over time. We're already seeing more young coaches and managers at all levels of the game. 

I think Rocco Baldelli and Gabe Kapler (also Brad Ausmus) will open the doors for more recently-retired guys to take the helm. Didn't work out with Mike Matheny, but that doesn't mean it is a bad idea.

I would buy season tickets to the Marlins even though I live 3,000 miles away from Marlins Park if they hired Brandon McCarthy to manage the team. 

anagers at all levels of the game. 

I think Rocco Baldelli and Gabe Kapler (also Brad Ausmus) will open the doors for more recently-retired guys to take the helm.

Maybe but I doubt they'll be the ones opening the doors. I'm sure the young new managers can open the doors for themselves. 

I think Rocco Baldelli and Gabe Kapler (also Brad Ausmus) will open the doors for more recently-retired guys to take the helm. Didn't work out with Mike Matheny, but that doesn't mean it is a bad idea.

I would buy season tickets to the Marlins even though I live 3,000 miles away from Marlins Park if they hired Brandon McCarthy to manage the team. 

Didn’t matheney win a World Series as manager ? And had several other playoff seasons

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.