Call em up or leave em down?

It could be keep doubting that Brinson was on the top 100 prospects list when the trade was made because people keep doubting that even though it's a fact. 

If Lewis was really a bust, then he would never be the only one bust that ranked top 100.

From my generation, the 2 big busts I remember are Todd Van Poppel and Brien Taylor

This is an old article, but some familiar names on there

/bleacherreport.com/articles/1046773-jd-drew-and-baseballs-30-biggest-busts-of-all-time#slide30

Hard to say guys with MLB success is a bust.  Maybe not the superstars they were meant to be, but hardly a bust if they are able to have decently successful MLB careers on various levels.  

Hard to say guys with MLB success is a bust.  Maybe not the superstars they were meant to be, but hardly a bust if they are able to have decently successful MLB careers on various levels.  

They were first overall picks and ended up being OK at best. Busts.

They were first overall picks and ended up being OK at best. Busts.

eh, people that expect first overall picks to be superstars just dont get it, the MLB draft isnt anything close to the NFL or NBA drafts.

And not everyone on that list were first overall picks.  

eh, people that expect first overall picks to be superstars just dont get it, the MLB draft isnt anything close to the NFL or NBA drafts.

No I get that entirely, but so many people crapped on the Marlins for years for having awful first round picks, none of which were the first overall - granted, yeah, holy hell, so bad. But ... is what it ams.

No I get that entirely, but so many people crapped on the Marlins for years for having awful first round picks, none of which were the first overall - granted, yeah, holy hell, so bad. But ... is what it ams.

I'm just saying...

A guy like a Kerry Wood has no business being on a bust list honestly.  He had a servicable major league career that was taken aback by injury.  They play up his 20k game as an expectation and not what it was, a remarkable game early in a career when the opposing team had basically no idea what he was throwing.

Same with JD Drew really.  Was he a super star?  no.  Was he a semi solid player for a number of years? yes.  Hardly a bust.

I think the article fails to take into account anything but draft status I guess, as the end all be all, which is fairly moronic.  

I mean I find it difficult to label a player as a true bust if they give you some productive major league seasons (see Prior, Mark).  

A bust to me is a player who has virtually no big league career and has no real success in MLB.  

I'm just saying...

A guy like a Kerry Wood has no business being on a bust list honestly.  He had a servicable major league career that was taken aback by injury.  They play up his 20k game as an expectation and not what it was, a remarkable game early in a career when the opposing team had basically no idea what he was throwing.

Same with JD Drew really.  Was he a super star?  no.  Was he a semi solid player for a number of years? yes.  Hardly a bust.

I think the article fails to take into account anything but draft status I guess, as the end all be all, which is fairly moronic.  

I mean I find it difficult to label a player as a true bust if they give you some productive major league seasons (see Prior, Mark).  

A bust to me is a player who has virtually no big league career and has no real success in MLB.  

I'll agree with those examples.

I'm just saying...

yeah pretty idiotic to label all of those guys as busts.  Another general rule of thumb is - if you've made All-Star games during your career you generally aren't an all-time bust. 

my favorite all-time bust was when I first saw Salma Hayek in From Dusk 'till Dawn - before she turned vamp.

yeah pretty idiotic to label all of those guys as busts.  Another general rule of thumb is - if you've made All-Star games during your career you generally aren't an all-time bust. 

my favorite all-time bust was when I first saw Salma Hayek in From Dusk 'till Dawn - before she turned vamp.

I'm more of a Jessica Robbin fan myself.

When she climbed the guy and said "I want to make you my sex slave".  Incredibly hot.  A super sick movie-pure Tarrantino