Frisbozo- Ozuna to Marlins a possibility

I actually have been thinking they will try and bring him back. The payroll estimates showed increase spending starting with this coming off-season. I guess we will see if they really do spend though.

EDIT: Correction, there was only a small jump before 2020. It is before 2021 where a huge jump was mentioned.

I don't believe in payroll increases either, but.... if you're going to bring someone in... why Ozuna. He was so erratic when he was here. Unless his arm issues have really killed his value and he wanted to be back at a discount.

Really, I hope they don't break the bank to bring this guy in.

I don't believe in payroll increases either, but.... if you're going to bring someone in... why Ozuna. He was so erratic when he was here. Unless his arm issues have really killed his value and he wanted to be back at a discount.

Really, I hope they don't break the bank to bring this guy in.

Unless he has a huge second half of the season, he will get a smaller contract than they anticipated when they traded him I'd think. His value has definitely gone down since then.

By the way he fired Boras as his agent recently.

I'd hope if they did sign him, he'd just be one of a few signings. Not the only one.

It is also possible the Cardinals sign him to an extension and he's never a free agent in the first place. Though that would make @Das Texan a very sad boy.

It would make less than zero sense with all of the outfield depth the Cardinals have coming.

If they over pay Ozuna or anyone, they'd just be making a Loria-esque mistake. I am hopeful they'd only consider signing Ozuna or anyone at a fair price.

I need to see the list of free agents, but I agree that there are likely more appropriate players for them to target. I still wouldn't be surprised if they try for Oz.

Bringing back Ozuna to play first base would be so stupid. 

Bring back Bour this season instead once he's released. Would be nice to watch a HR now and then. 

If they over pay Ozuna or anyone, they'd just be making a Loria-esque mistake. I am hopeful they'd only consider signing Ozuna or anyone at a fair price.

I need to see the list of free agents, but I agree that there are likely more appropriate players for them to target. I still wouldn't be surprised if they try for Oz.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/08/2019-20-mlb-free-agents.html

Here's the '19-20 offseason FA list.

Rendon is also a FA unless he signs an extension.

Will they actually go into FA this soon though? I wanted to say no but then I remembered they were after DJ LeMahieu this past offseason so they probably are looking at smart FA pickups even though they aren't contending yet.

Will they actually go into FA this soon though

Project Wolverine suggests the jump comes before the 2021 season, so yeah this coming off-season would actually be a year early.

the Marlins project payrolls of $81 million in 2019, $84.8 million in 2020, $116 million in 2021 and $118.7 million in 2022.

Project Wolverine suggests the jump comes before the 2021 season, so yeah this coming off-season would actually be a year early.

We really still looking at Project Wolverine? That has always felt to me like an outline created for the ownership proposal so that they looked like they had some plan on paper but I can't believe they ever planned to stick to it 100%. And I don't mean that in a bad way either. I mean they are probably open to reevaluating the plan when needed, I don't think Project Wolverine was ever meant to be conclusive.

We really still looking at Project Wolverine? That has always felt to me like an outline created for the ownership proposal so that they looked like they had some plan on paper but I can't believe they ever planned to stick to it 100%. And I don't mean that in a bad way either. I mean they are probably open to reevaluating the plan when needed, I don't think Project Wolverine was ever meant to be conclusive.

Well regardless of Project Wolverine, if they don't start spending by that point -- there would be reason for concern. That would already be 4 years into things.