Bleacher Report: Give Jeter credit for acquiring Caleb Smith

Meh let us not kid ourselves. Jeter is helping the Yanks. He gave them Stanton for nothing. Cashman did this trade to throw off the scent, that's all.

I'll do you one better. The Caleb Smith trade was Jeter's first... he actually thought he was helping the Yankees with this trade because he was sure Caleb Smith was gonna be a bust but he was so stupid that he got this trade right by accident. He's currently kicking himself because Caleb Smith is currently helping the Marlins win games.

I'll do you one better. The Caleb Smith trade was Jeter's first... he actually thought he was helping the Yankees with this trade because he was sure Caleb Smith was gonna be a bust but he was so stupid that he got this trade right by accident. He's currently kicking himself because Caleb Smith is currently helping the Marlins win games.

Rumor is we're going to trade Smith to the Yankees for Ellsbury.

[MEDIA=twitter]1127293940917575680[/MEDIA]

From a few days ago but this got me thinking... maybe the organization sees the success of Caleb as a big sign that Denbo/Greenlee do know how to acquire talent and they're using him as a way to say "look what we got with this guy, trust us to do pretty good with the rest of the talent being acquired"?

What about Devers too?   His stock had risen since the Stanton trade. It’s not at the MLB level but he could be another product of insider intel by Denbo 

The last month and a half Devers has given the Marlins as much production at the big league level as Stanton has given the Yankees.