2019 MLB Draft, Marlins pick 4th, select OF JJ Bleday

I'm guessing they'll take either Andrew Vaughn or JJ Bleday depending on if they're available, possibly a pitcher like Nick Lodolo, he's really the only pitcher I would take in the top 5. As for last years draft they actually took a player rated in the area of their suggested draft position and then did fairly well in regards to filling organizational needs with their selections at least through the first four rounds. Whomever they get hopefully they're ready soon!

Put me down for Bleday 

I’m good either way honestly. Edit - Watched Bleday vs UGA, and one thing that scares me with him is the length in his swing, and his lack of consistency with his front leg. You see his stance at times be wide open, at other times be closed off. This shows up in non-2 strike counts as well, so it’s not an approach thing. 

Vaughn is a pure hitter. He reminds me of Peter Alonso. Put me down for Vaughn at 4 if he’s there. If he goes before 4, Bleday is fine. 

I’m good either way honestly. Edit - Watched Bleday vs UGA, and one thing that scares me with him is the length in his swing, and his lack of consistency with his front leg. You see his stance at times be wide open, at other times be closed off. This shows up in non-2 strike counts as well, so it’s not an approach thing. 

Vaughn is a pure hitter. He reminds me of Peter Alonso. Put me down for Vaughn at 4 if he’s there. If he goes before 4, Bleday is fine. 

Wow, you should be a professional scout because apparently you know exactly what to look for in a college player. We are not worthy.

I went to Vandy so that’s one reason I want it to be Bleday.  Another is we need help sooner rather than later.  Having said that, this regime has talked constantly about defense and athleticism.  They seem to devalue power hitters because of the size of the park.  And they’ve seemingly concentrated on “five tool” guys in so many of their recent acquisitions.  So, if there is a raw, athletic, five tool high school player available who struggles to hit breaking balls, that’s probably who they’ll take.