Sign in to follow this  
Bald Eagle

Marlins Hall of Fame

Jeff Conine and then a rookie hall of fame section where we honor everyone's superstar that started in Florida. 

What would be the criteria for induction? A certain number of years with the team? Would they have to have retired a Marlin?

If there were no specific requirements I would say Conine, Castillo, Sheffield, Lowell and Stanton, probably say CJ, Kevin Brown, JJ, Pudge and Beckett too

10 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

What would be the criteria for induction? A certain number of years with the team? Would they have to have retired a Marlin?

As far as I know, there is no criteria on other teams. It is not like Cooperstown but I could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

If there were no specific requirements I would say Conine, Castillo, Sheffield, Lowell and Stanton, probably say CJ, Kevin Brown, JJ, Pudge and Beckett too

No Miguel Cabrera but Pudge is in? I would also put AJ in the pitchers group, maybe even Dontrolle too if Pudge's 1 year is gonna get him in. I say Stanton, Cabrera, Hanley, and Lowell should highlight the hitters, and Jose, AJ, Becket, Brown, and Dontrelle should highlight the pitchers. Alfonseca deserves some recognition too, maybe Penny too. D-Lee too!

As far as items, I want the ball Alex Gonzalez hit off Jeff Weaver in the 2003 World Series over the LF wall in there.

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

As far as items, I want the ball Alex Gonzalez hit off Jeff Weaver in the 2003 World Series over the LF wall in there.

AJ's last out in no-hitter is my ball of choice.

2 minutes ago, RIP16 said:

No Miguel Cabrera but Pudge is in? I would also put AJ in the pitchers group, maybe even Dontrolle too if Pudge's 1 year is gonna get him in. I say Stanton, Cabrera, Hanley, and Lowell should highlight the hitters, and Jose, AJ, Becket, Brown, and Dontrelle should highlight the pitchers. Alfonseca deserves some recognition too, maybe Penny too.

I was just remembering players from the all time Marlins team, so that's why Pudge and not Miggy, but yeah he deserves it too! A little more thought I'd put Jose, Livan, Nen and Uggla along with Han Ram throw in managers like Leyland and Jack while they're at it

Pudge absolutely is not a Marlins hall of fame candidate, were such a thing to exist. 

There are some arguments for Castillo, Pierre, Willis, Stanton, Lowell, and maybe Beckett. Maybe Kevin Brown. Definitely not AJ Burnett.