Sign in to follow this  
Bald Eagle

Marvel's The Defenders

I enjoyed it. I really liked all their scenes together. Surprised it was only 8 episodes.

That being said, I think I still like DareDevil's standalone seasons the best.

3 minutes ago, gizmo said:

I think I still like DareDevil's standalone seasons the best.

I agree with this.

Iron Fist was better than reviews said but did drag at times. Jessica Jones is meh at best. Luke Cage bored me. DD was consistently good and hoping Punisher will be decent since it spun off of DD.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I agree with this.

Iron Fist was better than reviews said but did drag at times. Jessica Jones is meh at best. Luke Cage bored me. DD was consistently good and hoping Punisher will be decent since it spun off of DD.

Iron Fist wasn't terrible, but I agree it dragged.

I loved Jessica Jones mostly for David Tennant

The first half of Luke Cage was fantastic, the second half not so much

My order of preference:

DD1 - DD2 - Defenders - JJ - LK - IF

I didn't like it nearly as much as the solo shows, just felt like the pacing was all over the place, tons of exposition dialogue, I dunno.  I get they had to connect a bunch of pieces together here but ugh.

1 minute ago, Hotcorner said:

I didn't like it nearly as much as the solo shows, just felt like the pacing was all over the place, tons of exposition dialogue, I dunno.  I get they had to connect a bunch of pieces together here but ugh.

This is fair, at times it was really all over the place. It also seemed more like Iron Fist Season 2 with some pals along to help him out.

I came here to post in the Infinity War thread and saw this and had to come in here. Iron Fist was the worst show ever, it made me want to shoot my dick off. He's supposed to be Asian and a martial arts ultimate master and bad ass. He's so soft (physically and emotionally) it makes no sense. He can't ever control his emotions and yet he's supposed to be a monk with ultimate control and also gets beat up all the time. He can kill a dragon but two dudes, oh man this is so hard! His character belongs in a Twilight sequel.

Luke Cage is a little boring, haven't seen the second season yet that came out recently. Jessica Jones isn't bad I just think the casting was terrible (again). She's a skinny nerd that can barely run in combat boots and the whole sob story got really old, really fast. The only show that has been consistently good is without a doubt Dare Devil. Good casting, good writing, good character development and fights, etc. Punisher was good also.

22 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

I came here to post in the Infinity War thread and saw this and had to come in here. Iron Fist was the worst show ever, it made me want to shoot my dick off. He's supposed to be Asian and a martial arts ultimate master and bad ass. He's so soft (physically and emotionally) it makes no sense. He can't ever control his emotions and yet he's supposed to be a monk with ultimate control and also gets beat up all the time. He can kill a dragon but two dudes, oh man this is so hard! His character belongs in a Twilight sequel.

Luke Cage is a little boring, haven't seen the second season yet that came out recently. Jessica Jones isn't bad I just think the casting was terrible (again). She's a skinny nerd that can barely run in combat boots and the whole sob story got really old, really fast. The only show that has been consistently good is without a doubt Dare Devil. Good casting, good writing, good character development and fights, etc. Punisher was good also.

I think the way it was described to me and from articles was to look at it this way:

Jessica Jones- PTSD dealign with rape undertones - look at the character development in it. The victim feeling like it's her fault and coping poorly (Jessica), and in a seprate character the victim taking control of the situation so it'd never happen again (Betsy).

Punisher was PTSD related to war trauma- think of punisher as a vet trying to recover from the things he's done and having a terrible moment and channeling the energy into aggression.

Daredevil is just a marvel movie- I don't think there were any undertones other than "overcome a disabilty"

Iron Fist is just crap.

Luke Cage was supposed to be how people deal with racial bias and in their own community when theres no one to turn to. It was described as a "western" with harlem as the stage instead.

Watching jessica jones from a place of hurt and dealing with it rather than a superhero story kind of made the show more enjoyable- I've yet to watch all of season two though.

I love everything Luke Cage, the first season of Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and the first season of Daredevil. Every other season of Daredevil has sucked.

And the Punisher is bae.

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, Piazza31 said:

I think the way it was described to me and from articles was to look at it this way:

Jessica Jones- PTSD dealign with rape undertones - look at the character development in it. The victim feeling like it's her fault and coping poorly (Jessica), and in a seprate character the victim taking control of the situation so it'd never happen again (Betsy).

Watching jessica jones from a place of hurt and dealing with it rather than a superhero story kind of made the show more enjoyable- I've yet to watch all of season two though.

I'm fully aware of her issues and complications. Knowing this and trying to understand her were the only things making it enjoyable or watchable. Kind of like how Deadpool is a lunatic and doesn't stop cracking jokes. Some of my friends love the movies, I personally can't stand them. It's like a 2 hour long action family guy episode but worse. It's incredibly obnoxious and relentless. Same with Jessica and her hurt feelings and PTSD issues. I don't watch two seasons of super hero shows only to see them regress and be even bigger babies. I watch super hero shows because they're supposed to be cool or funny. If I wanted that kind of nonstop crap I'd watch Housewives or Damaged series with my mom.

Most of all it just wasn't done well. Because if you want to talk mental disorders, a great show with mutant/superhero theme is Legion. That show was great, the only thing that handicapped them was the fact that it was on FX. If that show had been on Netflix with a bigger budget, gore like in Punisher/Daredevil and some butt action from Aubrey Plaza. Would've been one of my all time faves. But whenever I see guards shooting machine guns for ten minutes and no one gets shot or one guy falls down, that stuff drives me crazy. At the end of the day Iron Fist and Jessica Jones just weren't done that well. Iron Fist more than anything, he was just a "little biiiittttchhhhh" - pickle rick.