Sign in to follow this  
MrAndMrsFish

Sale is done; votes are in

1 hour ago, MrAndMrsFish said:

that is my worst fear that we are going from bad to worse, but only time will tell

No, nothing could be worse than Loria.....we have some bad years ahead of us, but I do believe they will put together a winner in time. You don't sink over $1 billion in something you don't want to succeed.

1 hour ago, RIP16 said:

Classic case of be careful what you wish for. Marlins haven't been good in a long time but they've been, over varying degrees, competitive over the time he's been here. Long-term basement dwelling could be in the plans.

This makes no sense...why would you sink over $1 billion into a venture you want to fail ? Plans to be in the bottom ? I don't think that Jeter would be part of that, not his style and would hurt his rep. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, fauowls44 said:

You people are way to negative.  This group has yet to even say one word publicly and you’re burying them.  There will be tough decisions to make since they are inheriting a mess, but Loria being gone is a huge positive for this franchise.  I also believe that Jeter would not be involved in something that will tarnish his image in the game.  Give this some time and I think he will get this right.  Lots of work ahead though.

This is a good day.

Thank you for this post. Some folks just can't resist being negative. 

I too agree Jeter, unless the plan is for him to leave right away (that could be why he only put in $25 million) I don't think he'd put his name to something that is designed to fail....just so "anti" Derek Jeter. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

This makes no sense...why would you sink over $1 billion into a venture you want to fail ? Plans to be in the bottom ? I don't think that Jeter would be part of that, not his style and would hurt his rep. 

Failure isn't losing. I said nothing about failure. They are cutting payroll big time. Stanton possibly gone. The rebuild will likely make them much worse than they are now. Think Tyler Moore at 1st and Anderson at 3rd bad. The rebuild could take years. Not a failure. Just a different goal than winning now.

35 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I see nothing wrong with this statement... who's gonna disagree? 

What a dick.

• Like 2

Whats sad is we had another rebuild coming together with many very talented pieces and now its at risk of being torn down again. 

I was not sure it would be approved and was hoping for Mas. I guess now its just hoping for the best. 

I'm not happy. I'm not happy Loria got a WS ring and made like a billion fucking dollars. I'm not happy that this new ownership group is going to be using the Marlins like a bank. I'm not happy that Jeter is seemingly running the show, and doesn't know dick about building a team. I'm not happy that the 14 year playoff drought isn't ending any time soon.