Sign in to follow this  
MrAndMrsFish

Sale is done; votes are in

1 minute ago, poptart said:

Jeter will for Miami baseball do what Michael Jordan did for Charlotte basketball.

and MJ is part owner here too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, poptart said:

I'm not happy. I'm not happy Loria got a WS ring and made like a billion fucking dollars. I'm not happy that this new ownership group is going to be using the Marlins like a bank. I'm not happy that Jeter is seemingly running the show, and doesn't know dick about building a team. I'm not happy that the 14 year playoff drought isn't ending any time soon.

These guys aren’t buying the team to use it as a bank.  Not at $1.2 billion.  Loria could because he paid basically nothing for it and knew he had a huge payday when he sold.  At this price, these guys better be able to make the team successful to make money on the deal. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RIP16 said:

Failure isn't losing. I said nothing about failure. They are cutting payroll big time. Stanton possibly gone. The rebuild will likely make them much worse than they are now. Think Tyler Moore at 1st and Anderson at 3rd bad. The rebuild could take years. Not a failure. Just a different goal than winning now.

That to me is expected....and I think any reasonable Marlins fan should expect it. I know of a lot of my friends that already are braced for it, and most of them said they are ok with it. What they didn't like & refused to go to a game while Loria was still owner. One told me today he's getting full season ticket package for himself, his son & wife for next year....now does he through with it we'll see. I think he will because he used to travel to see the Marlins play out of town until about 6 years ago when Loria refused to up the payroll in the new stadium. He kept his promise of never going to another Marlins game until Loria was gone.

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

If Jeter firesales, he'll probably go back on that plan to buy season tix even if he says now he expects it.

I don't think so...he's said we can't afford Stanton and need to trade him for a couple of good prospects. He's not just a casual fan but does understand what is needed to be done