Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

I feel like a religious catholic man who's in a bad marriage. Yeah I'm not going to divorce my wife but I fucking hate her for selling off my kids to Libyan slave traders.

• Like 3

Just now, EricOwens! said:

I feel like a religious catholic man who's in a bad marriage. Yeah I'm not going to divorce my wife but I fucking hate her for selling off my kids to Libyan slave traders.

Well this just got dark. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fish20 said:

he hasnt botched anything.  the pr isnt great, but who gives a fuck about pr.  he is overhauling a terrible franchise and trying to create a new relationship with the community. He could probably explain moves better, but i could really care less about PR, i want to see a winning baseball team put together competently and with an ability to win consistently and they have shown with their moves so far that that is what they are trying to do.

Also, Jeter isnt running the baseball operations side.  Denbo and Mike Hill are so you can stop blaming jeter for baseball moves.  He's not even going to the winter meetings.   And im not sure how jeter botched this trade when the marlins were put into a no win situation because Loria gave Stanton a NTC.

Jeter is running the show and you know it.  He completely botched this trade by not going to Stanton and getting his list of teams first.  Also by letting this play out in the media.  Take off your rose colored glasses. 

Also, it's much more than just PR.  They way he handled the firing of former employees was classless.  They way he handled firing the guy in a hosptial bed was heartless.  Trying to blame Hill for it was gutless.  He's shown so far that he is not a great human being. 

My take is that he thinks his Yankees legend status makes him immune to criticism. He acts like a fucking snob.  He's too big to reach out to G personally?  Fuck Jeter.  He's a douche bag.  I hope he fails miserably.

• Like 2

We dont owe a dollar if Stanton opts out in a few years according to Joel Sherman.  Good deal if that's the case and we got 2 prospects that Denbo is familiar with and then have the ability to trade Castro for 2 more.

Just now, Rydawg said:

Jeter is running the show and you know it.  He completely botched this trade by not going to Stanton and getting his list of teams first.  Also by letting this play out in the media.  Take off your rose colored glasses. 

Also, it's much more than just PR.  They way he handled the firing of former employees was classless.  They way he handled firing the guy in a hosptial bed was heartless.  Trying to blame Hill for it was gutless.  He's shown so far that he is not a great human being. 

My take is that he thinks his Yankees legend status makes him immune to criticism. He acts like a fucking snob.  He's too big to reach out to G personally?  Fuck Jeter.  He's a douche bag.  I hope he fails miserably.

Jeter isnt running the show. Pretty obvious from the fact that he isnt going to the winter meetings.  Stanton's list of teams was fluid, and they did right by allowing the other two teams to try and sell themselves to stanton rather than taking those 2 options off the table entirely.

And ill be honest, i straight up dont care about the way he lets people go.  Overhauling the front office was inevitable and i could care less how he did it.  Those guys were all scouts/assistants to loria who everyone knew werent coming back.  I care about the team winning and having a consistent vision for the first time in 15 years.  They are bringing that.

And he's made like 2 public appearances, you seem to just have a hatred for the guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poptart said:

lol

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$avings

This is good news, but I'd say it's more likely that Stanton does NOT opt out, but who knows.

So basically the Marlins pay nothing up front. I'm sure that was enticing to Derek.

The Marlins are a fat redneck on an electric scooter black friday shopping with a high interest credit card.

• Like 3