Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

Just now, Bald Eagle said:

That's a ridiculous thought. Ignoring the fact Jeter would have wasted time working on those trades... clearly Stanton entertained the idea since he met in person with both clubs. Unless you believe Stanton was in on it.

Jeter said that he had not spoken to Stanton about this situation, so I honestly believe that they tried to play hardball and see if he would agree to a STL or SFG trade. Which failed miserably. Now the team is left looking like idiots and we are once again the laughing stock of baseball.

Just now, Bald Eagle said:

That's a ridiculous thought. Ignoring the fact Jeter would have wasted time working on those trades... clearly Stanton entertained the idea since he met in person with both clubs. Unless you believe Stanton was in on it.

he sent reps , he didn't meet in person 

Just now, Retro_Marlins25 said:

Wow the Yankees ripped us off

No, they're paying 265 million for a guy who may never be as good as 2017 and who has a chance to be injured every season. I'd argue we may have ripped them off. 

1 minute ago, Retro_Marlins25 said:

I've never seen such a one sided trade.Jeter clearly helping the yankees

You keep missing the part where the Yankees are having to pay a shit load of money. 

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle said:

Yeah he did.

how did u know? where you there ? 

18 minutes ago, fish20 said:

Jeter isnt running the show. Pretty obvious from the fact that he isnt going to the winter meetings.  Stanton's list of teams was fluid, and they did right by allowing the other two teams to try and sell themselves to stanton rather than taking those 2 options off the table entirely.

And ill be honest, i straight up dont care about the way he lets people go.  Overhauling the front office was inevitable and i could care less how he did it.  Those guys were all scouts/assistants to loria who everyone knew werent coming back.  I care about the team winning and having a consistent vision for the first time in 15 years.  They are bringing that.

And he's made like 2 public appearances, you seem to just have a hatred for the guy.

Jeter is running the show.  Why the fuck else would he buy the team?  Sherman is the finace guy.  Jeter is the operations guy.  Who cares if he doesn't go to the winter meetings? He has a phone doesn't he?  It's not like he has to meet with FA's to sway them to Miami.  God forbid.  That would cost money.  You are really gullible.  When I have a bridge to know where to sell I'll make sure to look you up.

• Like 2