Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

You keep missing the part where the Yankees are having to pay a shit load of money. 

You keep missing the part were the Yankees make a ton of money and that means little to them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle said:

Well I read stories saying he was there.

maybe he met the Cards but he wasn't present at the Giants meeting

1 minute ago, Retro_Marlins25 said:

You keep missing the part were the Yankees make a ton of money and that means little to them

False. Do you not actually read the news and all the articles and the reports? They're nearing the luxury tax threshold and are trying to save money as well. Besides that's beside the point. The Marlins NEEDED to shed money and the Yankees are helping them shed $260 million. If you don't see how that is important something is wrong with you. 

Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yes he was. Giants GM Evans said he was there. 

297.png

8 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Jeter is running the show.  Why the fuck else would he buy the team?  Sherman is the finace guy.  Jeter is the operations guy.  Who cares if he doesn't go to the winter meetings? He has a phone doesn't he?  It's not like he has to meet with FA's to sway them to Miami.  God forbid.  That would cost money.  You are really gullible.  When I have a bridge to know where to sell I'll make sure to look you up.

jeter is running the business side.  Denbo and Hill are running the baseball side.  Simple as that.  

Given that the Marlins had no leverage, there was no bidding war, Stanton shot down two teams, and the contract amount is huge, this deal seems "fine." I wish they could have gotten more contract picked up though. The prospects coming back are fine too, but nothing remotely along the lines of the "yuge haul" fish20 was promising everybody. That dude should be eating serious crow now.