Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I think normally they don't ask the player for permission until after a deal is agreed to between the teams. Seems dumb to me though. Wasting time if for instance he would say no to the Cards and is 100 percent sure.

This is the way I see it too. The proper steps in terms of the business side of it is probably to work out the trade details and then ask the player but these are human beings, they could save a shitload of time by just asking Stanton straight up which teams he's willing to go to or which teams he'd flat out never agree to. 

16 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

This is the way I see it too. The proper steps in terms of the business side of it is probably to work out the trade details and then ask the player but these are human beings, they could save a shitload of time by just asking Stanton straight up which teams he's willing to go to or which teams he'd flat out never agree to. 

"Giancarlo, are you willing to play for the North Nebraska Little League Squad? Lots of potential there."

"I could probably hit a lot of home runs there ..."

If we can get Devers/Benintendi, Eduardo Rodriguez, and a prospect for Stanton, which i think is definitely a good possibility, our rebuild will be looking incredible by the end of the offseason when you take into account the huge haul Ozuna is gonna get us.  Straily too should get us a nice package of prospects too.   Bour possible as well.  Im telling you this rebuild is gonna look really positive by the end of this offseason.

3 hours ago, fish20 said:

If we can get Devers/Benintendi, Eduardo Rodriguez, and a prospect for Stanton, which i think is definitely a good possibility, our rebuild will be looking incredible by the end of the offseason when you take into account the huge haul Ozuna is gonna get us.  Straily too should get us a nice package of prospects too.   Bour possible as well.  Im telling you this rebuild is gonna look really positive by the end of this offseason.

I mean it’s almost safe to say that if we get a Devers/Bennie for Stanton and a haul for Ozuna that a CHAMPIONSHIP will be in our sights by, what, 2019?

3 hours ago, fish20 said:

You know what !? if you couldn't win with  the FA signing than you couldn't win with the core player trading,too…

9 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

You know what !? if you couldn't win with  the FA signing than you couldn't win with the core player trading,too…

False. 

9 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

have no idea what that even means.

17 minutes ago, fish20 said:

have no idea what that even means.

He's trying to say that if going after free agents here didn't work (like Chen and Volquez) then trading away core players for prospects clearly won't work either so why bother even trying it, why should we keep following the team, and the best solution would be to just contract the Marlins and allow the A's to move into Marlins Park instead. 

taiwanmarlin = the most logical and rational member of these forums 

Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

He's trying to say that if going after free agents here didn't work (like Chen and Volquez) then trading away core players for prospects clearly won't work either so why bother even trying it, why should we keep following the team, and the best solution would be to just contract the Marlins and allow the A's to move into Marlins Park instead. 

taiwanmarlin = the most logical and rational member of these forums 

lol that makes no sense nor is there any relationship between going after trade pieces versus signing players.  Free agency is the worst way to spend money in baseball.

Just now, fish20 said:

lol that makes no sense nor is there any relationship between going after trade pieces versus signing players.  Free agency is the worst way to spend money in baseball.

Now you understand how taiwanmarlin's brain works. Enjoy it.